Auros is a proprietary trading firm that deploys medium and high frequency trading strategies in the global cryptocurrenc...
Auros is a proprietary trading firm that deploys medium and high frequency trading strategies in the global cryptocurrency markets. Based in Hong Kong, we are a 24/7 business, trading digital assets in 10+ locations around the globe, with a team of world-class talent spanning 5 countries.
We are one of the fastest growing market makers in the entire industry. Our arbitrage engines generate tens of millions of orders per day, and our trading team combines a systematic approach with sophisticated pricing models, iterating regularly to ensure robust trading performance.
More information can be found on our company website:
Why it's good:
This is a great opportunity to utilise your experience within High Frequency Trading in traditional markets and move across to the global cryptocurrency market. What does that mean? You'll be exposed to fresh strategies within a growing asset class, writing more greenfield code than ever before. It won't just be a matter of polishing and tweaking a highly tuned machine. The cryptocurrency markets present unique technical challenges and rapidly evolving trading opportunities. Novel solutions are required.
Given the excellent trading result over the past year, we're in a strong position to expand and pursue a variety of new revenue streams. You will be joining our East Coast expansion as an early member of the team, giving you the opportunity to help to shape the growth of our business in the US. With this opportunity you can be based either from our New York office or remotely from your home.
We operate with a very flat hierarchy, meaning that you will work alongside some of our most senior team members as well as having direct contact with the founders of the firm on a daily basis. We are focused on performance and results - the people that can deliver in both of those areas will receive market leading compensation.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop trading strategies, in Python or C++ as performance dictates, targeting arbitrage or relative value opportunities between digital assets or their derivatives, across multiple trading venues.
- Work closely with our core system development team to efficiently test and deploy the strategies within our technology platform. You will build, test, manage, monitor and be responsible for their performance.
- Identify opportunities to optimize pricing, execution efficiency and reduce system latency.
- Engage with the team during system design discussions, code reviews, trading idea brainstorms and daily office banter.
What we're looking for:
- You have 3+ years experience developing clean, maintainable and performant code in Python and C++ on Linux.
- Experience writing medium to high frequency trading strategies in traditional stock or derivatives markets, both making and taking liquidity.
- You like to make things happen and take ownership of the strategies you write - including pricing, design, development, deployment, optimization and profitability.
- You're able to articulate trading ideas precisely, considering architectural impact and development effort, and assessing execution, market and counterparty risk.
- You can find the balance between delivering clean, testable, reliable code and rapidly deploying new strategies to take advantage of market opportunities.
- You have a Bachelor's degree (or above) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar, with excellent results.
And any of the following experience is preferred, but not essential:
- Experience with high-transaction, latency optimized, distributed systems
- Experience in optimizing the full trading execution stack: market data, execution connectivity, inter process messaging using tcp or shared memory
- Experience with cloud computing infrastructure such as AWS and GCP
Sound good? Apply below to find out more.
#proprietary trading #highfrequencytrading #lowlatency #softwareengineers #c++ #linux #python #highperformance #performanceengineering #cryptocurrency