As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure ...
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are currently focused on building world-class research teams in three key areas: Security, Digital Currencies, and Data Analytics, and we are looking for outstanding and innovative researchers at all levels of experience as part of our Digital Currency Research team.
Working on Digital Currency research at Visa is a unique opportunity at a time when the payments industry is undergoing a digital transformation, and with security technologies as the critical enabler for a growing number of emerging payment models and usage scenarios. We offer you the opportunity to be at the center of innovation in the payments industry and set the security direction for Visa and the future payment ecosystem.
As a Research Scientist you will work with a team to conduct world-class security, cryptography, and distributed systems research and contribute to the long-term research agenda for digital payments, as well as deliver innovative technologies and insights to Visa's strategic products and business. As an integral team member of the extended Research team, you will work on research and development activities with fellow researchers, and work closely with product and technology teams to ensure the successful creation and application of disruptive and innovative security technologies.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to make key contributions to Visa's strategic vision as the world-leading digital payments company. The successful candidate must have an outstanding academic track record in fundamental and applied research with participation in developing innovations. The candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and excellent collaboration skills.
* Research and develop cutting-edge protocols and technologies to advance the scalability, performance, privacy, auditability of cryptocurrencies and blockchain-based systems.
* Deliver high-impact intellectual property values through top-tier research publications and patents.
* Collaborate with team members to deliver innovative technologies, insights and products to Visa business units to resolve their significant product pain-points and create new growth opportunities.
* Collaborate with our partners in academia, industry and government on key initiatives to advance our security research agenda.
* Work with team members and cross-functional teams (internal/external) that include representation from Technology, Product, Operations, Market Research, etc.
* Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with team members and clients internally and externally.
* PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, or equivalent field with a focus on security, cryptography, and/or distributed systems.
* Expertise in one or more blockchain research areas: e.g., design and analysis of distributed consensus protocols, applied cryptography, game theory, crypto economics, layer-2 solutions, sharding protocols, smart contract analysis, and/or their application to blockchain, payments, and cryptocurrencies.
* Excellent track record in research publications and impact in the research community.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and innovate.
* Demonstrated research project/program management experience is a plus.
* Experience in payments or related industry is a plus.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.