In order to port over the next billion people into a secure and open financial system, you're going to need a network of applications that c...
In order to port over the next billion people into a secure and open financial system, you're going to need a network of applications that connect to the fiat world… Wyre's APIs make that happen.
Our mission is to empower fintech projects to execute on their vision by offering them secure access to the largest financial network in the world (the Wyre Network).
To accomplish this mission, we've built a simple set of tools that allows fintech projects to materialize their visions. (1) Our instant Fiat-to-Crypto Checkout gateway is now being used by hundreds of applications (ie. MetaMask, Opera, BRD) to offer the best way to convert card payments into crypto, and (2) our flexible APIs (Transfers API, Custody API, Users API), allow project to build e-wallets, merchant processing services, and money transfer platforms from the ground up.
We focus on compliance, licensing, regulatory, liquidity and payment processing aspects so our partners can do what they do best, creating amazing tools on the blockchain.
We're looking for a smart and efficient Staff Accountant to join our back-office team. You will work closely with our VP of Finance to book Journal Entries, AR and AP entries, and help with daily reconciliation and Financial Statement Analysis. The ideal candidate is highly analytical and thrives in a fast-paced startup environment.
We're excited to have you join us on this adventure.
This role reports to the VP of Finance.
- General Ledger / Assist with the month-end close process, which includes
- Preparation of journal entries, accruals
- Month-end account reconciliations
- Bank and credit card account reconciliations
- Accounts Receivable
- Create invoices using QuickBooks
- Review the AR aging to ensure that there are no long-outstanding invoices
- Follow up with customers for payment
- Accounts Payable
- Work concurrently with our Financial Controller to manage Bill.com
- Process AP payments including checks, ACH, and wires
- Review employee expense reports for proper classification and payment
- Audit and statutory support
- Prepare supporting schedules for financial reviews and annual audit
- Prepare excise and property tax filings
- Reporting and account analysis
- Assist with balance sheet and P&L flux analysis
- Assist in the preparation of month-end financial package
- Other ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Responsible for month-end close accruals and reconciliations
- Handle check runs, 1099's and special projects as required
- Ad hoc reconciliations on a daily basis and when needed
- Reconcile vendor statements and respond to vendor inquiries on a timely basis
- Prepare various reports on behalf of clients
- Interest in crypto/blockchain and/or payments
- 2+ years of corporate accounting experience
- Understanding of all aspects of a payment transaction, from payment acceptance, reconciliation, dispute resolution, and payouts
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- Low ego with impeccable professional references
- Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, & Google Platforms
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and able to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with a team and suggest improvements to various processes
- Personality to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and functions
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employee
- An opportunity to build the future and freedom to work wherever you want
- Fair pay, no matter where you live along with a competitive benefits package
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Equity options for all full-time employees
- 401(k) plan with corporate matching
- Computer setup of your choice
- Unlimited paid time off to relax and recharge
- Flexible work hours
- Opportunity to work in a growing startup