Syncsort is the global leader in Big Iron to Big Data software. After several years of company growth and global expansion, we now do busine...
Syncsort is the global leader in Big Iron to Big Data software. After several years of company growth and global expansion, we now do business in over 100 countries, with over 7,000 customers - including 84 of the Fortune 100. Our mission is to organize data everywhere, to keep the world working, helping customers solve for the present and prepare for the future. Our products optimize, assure, integrate, and advance data, so data-driven organizations can get more value from their business information. We know the Next Wave of new technologies is right around the corner, so we work hard to continuously help customers leverage cutting-edge technologies like streaming frameworks, hybrid cloud, machine learning, AI and blockchain. We are looking for talented individuals with the experience and motivation to join our innovative team.
This role will join the Finance and Accounting team in Burlington, MA and will be an individual contributor role focusing on global accounting close, audit and various other accounting initiatives.
- Play lead role in monthly global accounting close process including preparing journal entries, expense accruals, account reconciliations and flux analysis
- Assist in support of the Company's external audits (and any quarterly or other interim reviews) for the consolidated company, and several foreign subsidiaries.
- Assist in the drafting of monthly financial statements and accompanying footnotes and assist with SEC or other statutory financial statement filings.
- Coordinate GL activities with the shared services team
- Assist with special projects and process improvements
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Advanced degree preferred
- Licensed CPA, a plus
- Minimum 1-3 years of progressive professional experience with public accounting and/or software industry experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of US GAAP
- Proficient with ERP systems; Netsuite experience a plus
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills.
- Ability and readiness to embrace and successfully drive/implement change.
- Process optimization focused - vision with the ability to apply practical solutions and navigate through ambiguity.
- High-level of integrity along with the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- A strong work ethic, positive "can-do" attitude, and ability to meet deadlines
- Team player; comfortable operating within a dynamic, complex organizational structure and able to be flexible and collaborate with team on different projects and needs.