Paystand is a hungry, fast-growing, Series-C startup with three locations! Nestled in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains, just sou...
Paystand is a hungry, fast-growing, Series-C startup with three locations! Nestled in the beautiful Santa Cruz mountains, just south of Silicon Valley is where we started. We have our offices in amazing and historic Guadalajara Mexico and Salt Lake City with the dramatic backdrops of the mountains of Utah.
Our mission is to unlock capital efficiency for enterprise businesses through our transformative "Payments as a Service" platform. Our smart billing and payment network uses revolutionary internet, blockchain, and FinTech services to digitize receivables, automate processing, reduce time-to-cash, lower transaction costs, and produce new revenue for our clients. Paystand is venture-backed, having been consistently recognized as one of the top innovators in FinTech, and fastest growing companies in the world.
Role at a glance
As Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for all aspects of our product's user experience, including UX design, visual design, and user research. Reporting to the Head of Product, you'll help to mentor junior designers and establish best practices for design excellence. Your contributions will have a direct impact on Paystand platforms and their clients. If you can demonstrate the ability to learn, grow, and dedicate yourself to this role, we want to talk to you. This is an incredible opportunity to get in on the ground floor and directly contribute to a company's success and mission.
Role & Responsibilities
* Use customer insights and data, plus your extraordinary creativity and design expertise, to solve users' problems with elegant, highly functional designs
* Help define, communicate, and drive user experience for our web apps
* Partner with product managers and customer success managers to help define and refine product requirements
* Constantly maintain your expertise in the latest design approaches and techniques, and apply them appropriately to PayStand products
* Create storyboards, mock-ups, wireframes, prototypes, interaction specs, and high-fidelity design specs as needed
* Help to plan and interpret user research. Supervise execution by contract researchers as needed.
* Collaborate and share your expertise with other designers, product managers, software engineers, and Paystand management
* Acquire a deep understanding of user problems and circumstances. Model design thinking and user-centric design for UX, product management, and other team members.
* Help mentor less-experienced design team members
Qualifications & Requirements
* 5-7 years experience designing and shipping successful web apps
* Exceptional design skills and user-centric design thinking demonstrated through a compelling, well-organized portfolio and presentations
* Experience designing both new features and iterations of existing features, evolving the design over time
* A collaborative, learning mindset, constantly seeking improvement, eager to grow and share knowledge
* Ability to thrive in an environment that requires strong problem-solving skills, independent self-direction, and timely execution as part of an agile team
* Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills
* Experience with one or more of the following: international applications, working with external partners, accessibility, distributed teams
* A degree in design, human factors, HCI, user experience, or related field
* Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Flinto or similar tools, Zeplin and JIRA
* Experience with financial and accounting applications is a plus but not required
* Salary + competitive equity in a high growth-stage startup
* Stock Options
* Health Insurance
* Flexible and Generous PTO (vacations)
* Opportunity for advancement & growth in a rapidly expanding team
* Mentorship, learning & education programs
* Smart, motivated team that likes to have fun
* Mission-driven culture, where your work matters
Are you the next amazing addition to our team? Joining us is a career-changing opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a successful company. Apply now! We can't wait to meet you.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We look forward to hearing from you.
Availability - Bay area/Scotts Valley, CA. Salt Lake City area, UT. Guadalajara, MX.
(This is not a remote position)*No recruiters please*
Only English resumes will be considered.