Tassat is a New York-based fintech company that provides digital payments solutions for banks to offer thei...
Tassat is a New York-based fintech company that provides digital payments solutions for banks to offer their commercial customers. It delivered the first blockchain-based B2B digital payments platform that was approved by a major bank regulator and has transacted billions of dollars to date. For more information, please visit .
Tassat is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our Infrastructure Team. To do that, we deliver world class safety, security and privacy for our customers. This is a chance to help us leapfrog beyond our competition.
This role reports to our Infrastructure Manager.
What You Own
- Assisting in the design, delivery, and maintenance of our product infrastructure in both our on-prem and cloud environments
- Using automation technologies such as Ansible to create testable, repeatable processes to build and operate the infrastructure
- Configuring and tuning Linux operating systems for security and performance
- Deploying and maintaining various common infrastructure services such as HTTP, DNS, SMTP, and relational databases
- Monitoring and maintaining our private blockchain networks.
- Monitoring and maintaining SAN/NAS devices
- Assisting Development and Operations teams with debugging and resolves production issues
What You Have
- A customer-focused mindset and ability to prioritize among competing demands
- Intellectual curiosity and the drive to continuously improve the environment
- The need to thrive in collaborative environments
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and documentation capabilities
- Effective communication skills, especially the ability to translate technical jargon and concepts into terms intelligible to a layperson
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of experience in the above area
- Experience with Linux, Bash, and Python
- Understanding of networking and common protocols such as TCP and UDP, HTTP, DNS, and SMTP
- Experience with Ansible is a plus
- Experience with any cryptocurrencies or blockchain technology is a huge plus
- A startup junkie mentality, very important to succeed in our environment
Working with Us
Tassat is proud to offer an incredible Benefits Package for full-time Tassat Employees. This includes:
- 100% coverage on Health (with a Health Reimbursement Account) Dental, Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability, Life & ADD, Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Parental Leave
- 401(k) program, Company Equity
- Transit and Parking Pre-tax savings
- FSA Dependent Care, FSA Health Pre-tax savings
At Tassat, you will work with incredibly talented engineers, market experts, and thought leaders to shape the future of a financial ecosystem. We offer a uniquely entrepreneurial, supportive culture, where ideas can come from anywhere and execution is everything.
- We understand the importance of autonomy, mastery, and purpose
- We strive to be extremely transparent, organizationally flat, and open-minded. While you will have clearly delineated responsibilities, you are welcome and encouraged to contribute beyond those areas. We value ideas and results, not ranks and titles
- We believe great results can only come from great people. If you're interested in working alongside people wo are bright, creative, and diligent - this is the place.
We value people who can bring new perspectives to our company. Here are some traits that are important to us:
- Ability to solve problems head on (and hands-on) and in simple creative ways
- Bring unwavering passion to the team and the work you do
- Savvy researcher, continuous learner, and enthusiastic team player. We need you to feel like an owner, motivated to succeed and enthusiastic about helping others
- Urgency is key! We all play many roles here and must get our hands into everything to get it done
Tassat Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: All Tassat employees in the New York metropolitan area are required to be in the office in accordance with Tassat's "Return-to-Office Policy", which may be amended from time to time. All Tassat employees are required to show proof of receipt of a COVID-19 vaccination before reporting to the office (unless they can demonstrate they are prohibited from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine because of a closely held religious belief or a disability/medical reason (subject to HIPAA Privacy Rules)).
- provided by Dice