Visa Innovation Center focuses on building technology for the next generation of payments. We work on solving hard problems of the future in...
Visa Innovation Center focuses on building technology for the next generation of payments. We work on solving hard problems of the future in IoT, Blockchain, Mobile, UX, Machine Learning, and Data Analytics. We are looking for hands-on expert level software engineers to help us build some innovative products.
This role requires quick problem solving skills, logical thinking, and application of programming techniques to design, build, and maintain code. Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms is a must. In addition to the technical skill set, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, and equipped with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Sr. Staff Software Engineer is an individual contributor role, and this developer will lead development of several innovation projects. These projects will be instrumental in making an impact on Visa and the payments industry as a whole.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Expert level skills in Java / C# / C++
- In-depth knowledge of data structures implementation and optimization
- Expert level skills in multi-threading, concurrency, and error-handling
- Expert level skills in implementing design patterns (singleton, facade, factory, observer etc.)
- Experience building enterprise scale web services (RESTful), and their scalability, resiliency, and availability
- Experience building application frameworks or reusable components
- Experience in network programming (Sockets) to build service self-healing
- Experience implementing multiple cross cutting concerns and non-functional requirements using aspect oriented programming (viz. aspectJ)
- 10 years of hands-on development experience required
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing large components for enterprise projects
- Experience in building ODATA compliant REST services
- Experience in language features such as lambda expressions, generics, and streams
- Experience in working on cryptography and Bluetooth based transmission protocols
- Experience in IoT, NFC, machine learning / data science, NLP
- Experience in payments tech industry