Fidelity Labs has the mission to catalyze innovation for Fidelity and our clients and supports the entire Fidelity businesses. Within Labs, ...
Fidelity Labs has the mission to catalyze innovation for Fidelity and our clients and supports the entire Fidelity businesses. Within Labs, there is a group leading the efforts on how Blockchain technology could both disrupt our current businesses and provide new opportunities for new products and services. We currently have a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers, researchers, designers, product managers, security and compliance experts tackling a number of opportunities.
This role is in Boston, MA
The Expertise We re Looking For
- A degree in Computer Science / Mathematics or equivalent work experience
- Experience developing distributed systems
- Have practical experience developing on Blockchain platforms such as Bitcoin and Ethereum
- Extensive experience working with cryptographic protocols
- Prior technology work for the Bitcoin network (not required, but a plus)
- Contributions to open source projects (especially Blockchain-related ones)
of Your Role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to develop production applications using public Blockchains such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Knowledge of RDBMS or NoSQL databases
- Understanding of the cryptographic principles underpinning of Bitcoin and Ethereum
- Have a passion for public Blockchain development
- Have an adversarial mindset: be just as good at breaking code as creating it
- Experience of working with design thinking techniques in iterative sprints (Agile)
- Create wallet software for Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other public (mined) coins
- Write Bitcoin scripts and Ethereum smart contracts
- Rapidly develop enterprise software applications and platforms using Blockchain technologies
- Provide technical leadership on Blockchain technologies