Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading s...
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Do you have a passion for coding on cutting edge technology? Are you self-motivated and seek to explore new technologies? Are you ready to take your Blockchain technology expertise to the next level?
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is hiring strong Developers who develop custom technical solutions to solve clients' problems in various industries on one or more of the Blockchain Technology platforms, such as Hyperledger, Ethereum, Corda, Axoni. Other equivalent proprietary platform experience may be considered.
* Blockchain/Distributed ledger applications. You will work together with clients and team to build custom solutions, proof-of-concepts, and production deployments across industry domains and technology stacks. You will code primarily in DAML. Development in lower level distributed language may be required. You will be consulted for your expertise in at least one language and one domain.
* Solve new problems. Working in blockchain means solving technical problems that have not been solved before. You will develop innovative solutions in distributed ledger technology and become well-versed in new technologies in the evolving blockchain space.
* Learn fast and think big. You will have to pick up new technologies as needed and understand business problems across industries (supply chain, financial services, public sector). Almost every blockchain solution is only one piece of a much bigger picture; you will be tuned into the micro details and the macro vision.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the anticipated compensation range for the position is $94,000 to $174,000 based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary depending on your job-related skills and experience. For part time roles, the compensation will be adjusted appropriately.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As a Smart Contract developer, we expect you to have a breadth of knowledge across different languages, tools, and frameworks, with exposure to DAML. We do not expect you to be an expert in all of them, but we do expect a level of comfort in being able to switch between front- and back-end roles and support infrastructure and architectural tasks.
* Hands on experience with R3 Corda
* Hands on experience designing and implementing smart contract code in DAML
* Programming skills in a functional programing language such as Scala, Kotlin, Haskell, etc.
* Background in Financial Services and ability to quickly learn financial instruments and settlement flows
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Ability to manage competing priorities, adjust, and pivot quickly
* Collaborate with team members and clients - learning, guiding, teaching as you go
* Mentor junior developers and lead by example through code reviews, pairing, and learning sessions
* Win trust of the client by demonstrating expertise and diligence