Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in t...
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
What you'll do
You will work for on a team which supports the Cisco Network Assurance Engine (NAE). NAE transforms operations in data center networks to a fundamentally more dedicated model. Built on Cisco's patented network verification technology, it is the most comprehensive assurance engine that mathematically verifies the entire network for correctness, giving operators confidence that their network is always operating consistent with intent.
This is a QA Software Engineering role within Cisco's Data Center team. Here, you will work on developing the Nexus 9000 line of data center that features application awareness to make the network infrastructure flexible and agile for dynamic response to application needs and virtual machine workload mobility.
Who you'll work with
You will have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest problem solvers and thinkers in the ACI QA Team that work on next generation of 10/40/100G datacenter and cloud switches.
Who you are
You are someone who thrives in a dynamic start-up like environment. You have at least 8 years of software engineering experience and are looking for an opportunity to shine, a team where you can thrive, one that recognizes your capabilities and rewards you accordingly.
Role and Responsibilities
We Are Cisco
- You have an understanding of any one of the scripting languages such as python, TCL or Perl and strong manual testing capabilities.
- Understanding and experience working with L2 and L3 technologies.
- Problem solving capabilities in the realm of Layer 2 to Layer 7.
- You have a background in one or more of following areas: Virtualization, Open flow, Cloud technologies, Intelligent network Services and Large data center Automation/Experience.
- Understand system requirements in Network Assurance product and design appropriate tests.
- Drive regression tests that provide appropriate coverage and robustness for CI/CD.
- You have a Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- You have at-least 8-10 years of experience as a Software QA / Test engineer with a blend of experience in manual and automation testing or networking product/solution.
- You are a standout teammate, with a can-do attitude, one that takes initiative.
- You are able to work independently as well as in a team.
- You have good interpersonal skills and can work multi-functionally.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. - provided by Dice