Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficien...
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets - passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment - Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
PURPOSE: We are looking for an innovative, agile and visionary leader to be part of Dana's digital transformation journey as a member of the Digital Business leadership team. In this highly visible role, you will be leading a team to define our Digital Business product strategy and portfolio. Using market research aligned with business goals, your team will be expected to develop product insights, product roadmaps and digital products to create a world-class digital application experience for our customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Build and lead a high performing, agile team that consists of customer research analysts, product owners, design lead, agile coach and UI/UX designers.
* Develop sound points of view on technologies, products, customers, competitors and convert market trends into actionable product line strategies.
* Collaborate with engineering to discover customer problems and create valuable, desirable and feasible solutions
* Ensure that your team understands, documents, analyzes, and synthesizes user needs into detailed user personas, product priorities and roadmaps
* Work with your design lead to define and prioritize a backlog for your products that continuously delivers measurable value towards the vision
* Work with your agile coach to deliver desired UI/UX features, leveraging design thinking and other best practices
* Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to gain new, impactful capabilities that accelerate our time to market
* Build strong relationships with customers, strategic suppliers and ecosystem partners
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
The preference would be that the successful candidate has the following qualifications and experience:
* Bachelor's degree/Diploma in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, MBA is preferred.
* Demonstrated cross-functional experience (7+ years) preferably in automotive commercial vehicle applications
* Experience in building and leading teams in a fast-paced environment.
* Experience in driving digital product vision and developing digital products and technologies from early-stage concepts to scale.
* Track record of delivering Consumer / B2B/ B2C/ SaaS products, and growing to market leadership
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Strong servant leadership capability
* Ability to define long-term product strategies while balancing short-term product goals
* Ability to identify high value user and customer needs and differentiation opportunities
* Familiarity with current and emerging enabling technologies for digital transformation (IoT, big data & analytics, connectivity, cloud computing, cyber security, AI, blockchain)
* Knowledge in agile development methodologies and design thinking
* Ability to understand the urgency and priorities of complex situations, and then quickly implement appropriate and timely responses.
* Strong product development skills and leadership abilities supporting completion of target deliverables and KPIs.
* Excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.