Business Unit Summary
Blockchain is an emerging technology that promises to change the world we live in. With VMware's vast experience in b...
Business Unit Summary
Blockchain is an emerging technology that promises to change the world we live in. With VMware's vast experience in building highly trusted distributed systems and our background in doing advanced research in this space for several years, we are poised to change the industry's definition of blockchain and what it can do. We are building out a team of highly skilled individuals to help us change the industry and change the world.
VMware's blockchain platform is a multi-cloud, multi-blockchain hybrid SaaS solution. Our team works on cutting edge technology to deliver enhanced management and security tools for our own blockchain environment as well as others from across the industry. You will work with a team of talented and supportive individuals from across the world as well as members of the academic community and VMware's Research Group in this role. Our team values diversity, cooperation, and open thought while supporting VMware's EPIC2values.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The Engineer Manager at VMware showcases your ability to provide technical leadership mixed with people know-how to lead an engineering team while also being trusted to communicate, collaborate, and deliver with other engineering teams, and product managers. The Engineering Manager will:
* Show highly effective, and constructive communication, collaboration, and delivery skills
* Lead a small team of highly capable engineers, and designers using Agile engineering practices, continuous integration, and continuous delivery models.
* Embed yourself in exciting new emerging technologies including blockchain, cryptography, and other future developments and research
* Work with engineers on technical, and career growth plans while promoting our values, and culture.
* Bring a strong sense of solution ownership through development, and after release
* BSCS or equivalent required.
* 8+ years relevant experience building distributed systems, security solutions, or emerging technologies.
* 5+ years of experience building and managing teams of 6+ engineers.
* Excellent system design and object oriented skills required.
* Abilities to rationalize the technology choices against the business problem, and engineering team capabilities
* Proven track record providing technical leadership on new software products, and services
* Strong understanding on the what's and why's of Agile methodologies with a keen understanding of what a developer needs to be productive
* 6+ years of substantial experience with C++
* Thorough web application, and services based security understanding (oauth2, CORS, SQL Injection, etc.)
* Blockchain application experience
* Cloud based PaaS and IaaS usage (AWS, GCP, etc)
* Docker experience desirable
What you'll get:
* Opportunities for you to work in a strong innovation culture alongside teams consistently leading the markets they are in, and competing against the best software companies there are
* Challenging, and engaging projects that will help change the landscape of corporate IT for the better.
* An authentic career path with a support cast that will help you along your journey
* Attractive compensation package with competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, and long-term incentives
* Healthy work environment with company sponsored medical insurance programs, sport activities, and open communication
* Work-life balance tailored to your needs, paid vacation, paid sick leave, team events
This position is eligible for the JoinBlockchainOCTO referral campaign. SDL2017