The Senior Manager, Blockchain Engineer is a member of the Blockchain Strategy & Execution team. Our purpose is to help Pfizer effectively e...
The Senior Manager, Blockchain Engineer is a member of the Blockchain Strategy & Execution team. Our purpose is to help Pfizer effectively evaluate and leverage blockchain technology in support of business goals. Blockchain has significant potential in the healthcare/life sciences sector and we bring the depth of knowledge in this emerging technology to enable an aligned strategy, identify the 'best fit' opportunities, and contribute to their technical development.
The Blockchain Engineer is a critical role in meeting our mission. Blockchain is a complex and rapidly evolving technical domain. This role will bring blockchain technical accumen to all Pfizer blockchain initiatives, and will be involved in strategy, planning, execution and support. Being part of a small 'start up' team, the selected candidate will need to wear multiple hats, splitting time between educating others, hands-on prototyping, providing technical oversight to project delivery, and defining preferred solution patterns and decision matrices. The selected candidate will have a deep technical curiosity and be an agile learner, displaying resourcefulness in researching, learning and applying blockchain technology.
- Provides technical input and oversight to blockchain projects. Is engaged through all project phases to ensure the architectural designs and delivered technology solutions are engineered appropriately for the availability, accessibility and scalability requirements of the project. Ensures adherence to appropriate standards for technology and data (corporate, industry, national and international). Performs code reviews.
- Performs technical evaluations of commercial blockchain-based solutions. Evaluates the soundness of design and the legitimacy of claims around functionality, scalability, performance and security.
- Educates internal stakeholders in blockchain technology. Helps to raise Pfizer's blockchain IQ by leading learning sessions, communities of practice, technical forums, and corporate social media channels.
- Contributes to development of high-impact use cases. Partners with BT and business lines to identify the most valuable, viable and feasible use cases.
- Drives innovation through in-house experimentation with blockchain tools. Runs a blockchain lab to develop proofs of concepts and demonstrate the feasibility of new ideas and test value propositions.
- Develops and maintains roadmaps and decision trees for blockchain technologies. Identifies preferred blockchain development stack and decision trees for choosing among alternatives.
- Participates in cross-industry consortia and strategic relationships. Lends subject matter expertise to the partnerships we are advancing both technical and business oriented.
- Acts as a thought leader in the blockchain space. Builds effective relationships with internal and external experts in technology, science and healthcare. Represents Pfizer's blockchain strategy both internally and externally
- Develops, maintains and promotes best practices in the realm of distributed applications. Creates solution patterns and reference architectures for blockchain designs (including integration with internal systems)
- MINIMUM: BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Preferred: Master degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering or Technology Management.
- 8+ years' application development experience in the following:
- Object Oriented Java Programming and designing applications using common design patterns - Web Services
- 5+ years' experience in Full-stack programming experience
- Preferred: 2 year of experience developing Blockchain Technology applications or proof-of concepts (POCs) using Hyperledger, Ethereum, Solidity, or other language (if not met, then willingness/ability to immerse yourself and become expert fast)
- Experience building for cloud deployments such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Knowledge of blockchain platforms and technologies such as: Ethereum, Hyperledger, Quorum, etc.
- Experience creating smart contracts, designed and tested with security and resiliency in mind
- Life Sciences or Healthcare experience a strong plus
- Proven problem-solving experience
- Experience leading technical teams during all phases of development and deployment
- Agile development practices
- Proven experience working with sponsors and business leadership teams contributing to the development and delivery of technology roadmaps, strategy and operating plans.
- Passionate about the prospects of decentralized technologies
- Interest in blockchain and enthusiasm for working in a space full of unknowns
- Attitude of lifelong learning - in this rapidly changing space the "right" answer can change
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, including strong presentation skills. Able to moderate and facilitate conversations with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent time management, organizational and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Occasional travel to northeast Pfizer sites may be required
- Business Technology runs 7x24x365 days/year. This role may require physical or virtual participation on a weekend, holiday, or after normal business hours.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS CONSIDERED:
Peapack, NJ; New York, NY; Collegeville, PA and any Pfizer Europe site.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Interested Candidates please apply at: