We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing ...
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD's coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Torqata's powerful data platform and suite of analytics products has been designed to enable manufacturers, retailers and distributors to work smarter, more collaboratively and drive better results across the industry.
We are a data and analytics services and software start-up in the automotive and tire industry seeking to position itself as the premier provider of such services through increased visibility throughout the tire value chain and unified reconciliation of data across disparate sources such a point-of-sale data, aggregated inventory, OE production data, product information, sales forecasts, introduction of a Blockchain ecosystem, etc.
We are looking for an outstanding software engineer. As part of the most digitally connected and insightful sales force in the industry, you'll have the opportunity to supercharge your skills by building apps with the Advanced Analytics team. You must be passionate about working with cutting edge technologies (including machine learning, deep learning, and cloud-native applications), and be comfortable with implementing end-to-end solutions. You will work in a collaborative environment where you will regularly communicate between senior data scientists, software engineers, and business stakeholders. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with data scientists, business leaders, and functional groups to build compelling, novel user-facing products
- Produce full-fledged software applications, maintain software, deploy software applications
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of application system resources
- Education: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Fundamental understanding of web-based interface design
- Strong SQL database skills
- Experience with building, debugging and optimization of production-ready web apps
- Software delivery experience in a Cloud/DevOps environment, GitFlow, and containerization
- Ability to navigate and work within a Linux environment
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc…)
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (e.g.: Docker, Vagrant, etc…)
- Experience with Python Flask applications
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform: App Engine, Storage, CloudSQL(data offerings such as GCS, BigQuery, cloudSQL are a big plus)
- Experience working directly with data science/advanced analytics
- Basic understanding of a data science workflow
- Entrepreneurial / Startup Experience
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 5% of the time, travel throughout the U.S. and may require overnight stays.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R13840