Sila's goal is to transform the financial landscape by creating an open-access financial network with a stable cryptocurrency at its core. W...
Sila's goal is to transform the financial landscape by creating an open-access financial network with a stable cryptocurrency at its core. We want to help developers and entrepreneurs bring their fintech ideas to market quicker and easier.
We are seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer to help us keep growing. As part of the engineering team, you will be responsible for automating deployments, managing infrastructure, monitoring and reviewing logs, ensuring that security controls are implemented in compliance with security requirements and best practices. This role will be remote, for now, but our core team is in the Portland, OR area. Being in the area or willing to travel to Portland for meetings is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deploy/Release: manage releases and monitor deployment using CI/CD tools and version control
- Monitor: implement, monitor and maintain active and passive monitoring solutions
- Review: perform regular log reviews, escalating and documenting findings as appropriate
- Assess Security: participate in annual internal security assessments
- Implement Security Controls: assist in reviewing, selecting and implementing appropriate security controls
- Audit: participate in annual internal audits of our security program and support external security and compliance audits
- On-Call: participate in on-call engineer rotation. When on call you will respond to, investigate, escalate and document alerts and security incidents in accordance with our SLA. When not on call you will still be called on to assist the on-call engineer with investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving issues in a timely manner if required
- Mentor/Train: Share experience and insight with other engineers (especially devops) and seek opportunities to improve processes throughout the company
- Evaluate/Decisions: lend our expertise and insight to assist the engineering team in evaluating, selecting and implementing the best technical solutions to solve challenges
- Git/gitflow expert
- CI/CD expert
- Proven evaluation/Decision making experience
- Risk aware and averse
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- At least six years experience as a DevOps and/or Security engineer
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Experience managing large-scale cloud deployments, preferably on AWS infrastructure
- Experience managing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience managing linux environments
- Experience with containerized monolithic and microservice architectures
- Proficiency with python scripting
- AWS certification (Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineer, Security or Cloud Practitioner)
- Security certification (CISSP, CISM, CEH, ISSEP or similar)
- Experience working with databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB (especially configuration analysis and management)
- Blockchain experience is a plus, especially blockchain infrastructure experience
Sila Core Values
- Accountability - we hold each other to the highest standards to ensure quality in ourselves and our products
- Teamwork - we support each other to succeed as a team; we are collaborative and help each other develop
- Fearless - we take calculated risks and we are not afraid to learn from setbacks and failures
- Respect - we treat every team member with respect and welcome differing viewpoints. No mean-spirited, selfish, or condescending behavior allowed
- Integrity - we are honest and forthright about who we are; we admit our mistakes; we live our values
- Fun - we are serious about injecting humor, play, and joy into our daily work
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $110,000-130,000 DOE, eligible for stock options.
Keywords: devops, aws, security, cloud, elk, security, data, automation, ci/cd, innovation, automation
Sila is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sila does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship status, national origin, veteran status, uniformed service member status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.