We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing ...
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD's coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Torqata's powerful data platform and suite of analytics products has been designed to enable manufacturers, retailers and distributors to work smarter, more collaboratively and drive better results across the industry.
We are a data and analytics services and software start-up in the automotive and tire industry seeking to position itself as the premier provider of such services through increased visibility throughout the tire value chain and unified reconciliation of data across disparate sources such a point-of-sale data, aggregated inventory, OE production data, product information, sales forecasts, introduction of a Blockchain ecosystem, etc.
We are looking for an outstanding Sr. Data Engineer to work on developing cloud-based data infrastructure for the purpose of serving rich analytics to customers through SaaS products and other data-driven solutions. You will work on data ingestion pipelines (both real-time and batch), transformation, cleansing, analysis, monitoring, and other tasks within the Data Engineering team to design modern, large-scale data management systems. The individual will work in a highly collaborative environment across multiple teams. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with data scientists, application developers, and data engineers to architect data pipelines to enable the development of machine learning models, data driven applications, and other analytical solutions for both internal consumption and external SaaS customers.
- Design table structure for proper level of normalization and performance to match use cases.
- Develop cloud-based systems for ingesting customer data across multiple sources in real time and via streaming processes.
- Perform RDBMS management tasks such as query optimization, DDL, view creation, permission management, index recommendation, etc.
- Build ETL processes on jointly defined requirements for the data pipeline
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Translate insights into predictive power by assisting data scientists with feature engineering in Python
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Support bug fixing and performance analysis along the data pipeline
- Analyze and manage 3rd Party and other external data sets
- Follow an agile development methodology
- Education: BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent experience
- Experience: 4-6 years of experience working with data models, database design development, and data mining/cleaning deployed in a cloud environment.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Strong experience with SQL, Python, and shell scripting
- Experience working with at least one major cloud provider (GCP preferred but not required)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Understanding of the fundamentals of statistics and machine learning
- Experience with database design and development
- Experience with Unix-like systems
- Experience working in start-up environment or organizations with an agile culture
- Curious, driven, critical-thinking problem solver
- Professional attitude and service orientation; superb team player
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 5% of the time, travel throughout the U.S. and may require overnight stays.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R13943