Danaher Digital is our digital innovation and acceleration center where we're bringing together the leading strategic produ...
Danaher Digital is our digital innovation and acceleration center where we're bringing together the leading strategic product and business leaders, technologists and data scientists for the common purpose of accelerating development and commercialization of disruptive and transformative digital solutions into the marketplace. We accelerate Danaher's digital innovation journey by partnering with Danaher operating companies (OpCos) to monetize and commercialize the potential of emerging digital trends.
Located in Silicon Valley, the heart of global innovation, Danaher Digital is ideally situated to capitalize on the digital mega trends transforming our world, including Internet-of Things (IoT), Data, AI, cloud, mobile, Augmented Reality (AR), Blockchain and other Digital frontiers.
Senior Data Architect
You will report to the Senior Director of Data & Analytics and will be responsible for leading the vision, design, development and deployment of large-scale data fabrics and data platforms for Danaher's IoT and Analytics Machine Learning solutions. The right candidate will provide strategic and technical leadership in using best-of-breed big data technologies with the objective of bringing to market diverse solutions in IoT and Analytics for health sciences, medical diagnostics, industrial and other markets. This person will use his/her Agile experience to work collaboratively with other Product Managers/Owners in geographically distributed teams.
* Lead analysis, architecture, design and development of large-scale data fabrics and data platforms Advanced Analytics and IoT solutions based on best-of-breed and contemporary big-data technologies
* Provide strategic leadership in evaluation, selection and/or architecture of modern data stacks supporting diverse solutions including Advanced analytics for health sciences, medical diagnostics, industrial and other markets
* Provide technical leadership and delivery in all phases of a solution design from a data perspective: discovery, planning, implementation and data operations
* Manage the full life-cycle of data - ingestion, aggregation, storage, access and security - for IoT and advanced analytics solutions
* Work collaboratively with Product Management and Product Owners from other business units and/or customers to translate business requirements in to technical requirements (Epics and stories) in Agile process to drive data architecture
* Own and drive contemporary data architecture and technology vision/road map while keeping abreast of the technology advances and architectural best practices
Required Skills & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field of study
* Experience with security configurations of the Data Stack
* 7 years' hands-on leader in designing, building and running successful full stack Big Data, Data Fabric and/or Platforms and IoT/Analytics solutions in production environments
* Must have experience in major big data solutions like Hadoop, HBase, Sqoop, Hive, Spark etc.
* Architected, developed and deployed data solutions on one or more of: AWS, Azure or Google IaaS/PaaS services for data, analytics and visualization
* Demonstrated experience of full IoT and Advanced Analytics data technology stack, including data capture, ingestion, storage, analytics and visualization
* Has worked with customers as a trusted advisor in Data architecture and management.
* Working experience with ETL tools, storage infrastructure, streaming and batch data, data quality tools, data modeling tools, data integration and data visualization tools
* Must have experience in leading projects in Agile development methodologies
* Provide mentorship and thought leadership for immediate and external(customer) teams in best practices of Data platform; Lead conversations around extracting value out of Data Platform
* Travel up to 40% required SDL2017