Senior Blockchain Specialist
New York, NY
Tassat is a New York-based fintech company that provides digital payme...
Senior Blockchain Specialist
New York, NY
Tassat is a New York-based fintech company that provides digital payments solutions for banks to offer their commercial customers. It delivered the first blockchain-based B2B digital payments platform that was approved by a major bank regulator and has transacted billions of dollars to date. For more information, please visit .
Tassat is transforming the digital payments landscape and is looking for a leader and subject matter expert for our blockchain technology. The ideal candidate can build our strategy for blockchain functionality on the TassatPay platform and "roll up their sleeves" and put their hands on the keyboard.
This role reports to our Director of Engineering.
What You Own
- Collaborate and work with other developers, business analysts, and stakeholders on the team to meet the objectives of the business
- Adhere to technical and architectural best practices and standards for the company
- Implement features and correct software defects within the platform that help drive user adoption, improved performance and overall business goals
- Test features and software defects to ensure high quality of software delivery
- Demonstrate features, meet business requirements to stakeholders
- Participate in the Peer Review process for the organization
What You Have
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Work equivalent
- 7+ years in software development (analysis, development, testing, documentation)
- Strong Solidity Development skills and familiarity with Open Zeppelin libraries
- Strong understanding of Smart Contract design patterns and cross chain development practices
- Ability to innovate, design, document, present and maintain a Smart Contract portfolio and development framework for internal and external purposes
- In depth knowledge of Ethereum and other Blockchains
- Experience developing applications on the Blockchain
- Thought leader and SME (Subject Matter Expert) in Smart Contract and Blockchain development
- Cloud experience, preferably Google Cloud Platform (Google Cloud Platform)
- CI/CD experience, and exposure to application development on Ethereum
- Strong understanding of event driven I/O.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems
- Strong understanding of transaction processing
- Scripting knowledge is desirable (Python, Unix Shell scripting)
- Good knowledge of open-source frameworks especially Solidity and Open Zepplin
- Experience (min 3 years) in Agile methodology and working with a SCRUM team
- Broad understanding of payments, transaction processing and settlement functions
- Hands-on experience in best practices in testing and developing of good/clean code
- Proven record of accomplishment in delivery of software for high volume, transaction-based systems
- Strong object-oriented skills
- Good working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Clear communication skills, written and verbal
- Team player who works well in a diverse environment
- Software life cycle with focus on maintainability
- Adaptable to a business environment with fast changing requirements and priorities
Working with Us
Tassat is proud to offer an incredible Benefits Package for full-time Tassat Employees. This includes:
- 100% coverage on Health (with a Health Reimbursement Account) Dental, Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability, Life & ADD, Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Parental Leave
- 401(k) program, Company Equity
- Transit and Parking Pre-tax savings
- FSA Dependent Care, FSA Health Pre-tax savings
At Tassat, you will work with incredibly talented engineers, market experts, and thought leaders to shape the future of a financial ecosystem. We offer a uniquely entrepreneurial, supportive culture, where ideas can come from anywhere and execution is everything.
- We understand the importance of autonomy, mastery, and purpose
- We strive to be extremely transparent, organizationally flat, and open-minded. While you will have clearly delineated responsibilities, you are welcome and encouraged to contribute beyond those areas. We value ideas and results, not ranks and titles
- We believe great results can only come from great people. If you're interested in working alongside people wo are bright, creative, and diligent - this is the place.
We value people who can bring new perspectives to our company. Here are some traits that are important to us:
- Ability to solve problems head on (and hands-on) and in simple creative ways
- Bring unwavering passion to the team and the work you do
- Savvy researcher, continuous learner, and enthusiastic team player. We need you to feel like an owner, motivated to succeed and enthusiastic about helping others
- Urgency is key! We all play many roles here and must get our hands into everything to get it done
Tassat Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Subject to any Federal and State restrictions imposed now or in the future, all Tassat employees based in the New York metropolitan area are required to be in the office in accordance with Tassat's Return-to-Office Policy. All Tassat employees are required to show proof of receipt of a COVID-19 vaccination before reporting to the office, unless they can demonstrate that they are prohibited from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine because of a closely held religious belief or a disability/medical reason (subject to HIPAA Privacy Rules).
- provided by Dice