When you join Verizon Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the...
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
As a Senior Analyst in Cost Assurance you will be at the center of the action. This is a dynamic role requiring excellent teamwork, organization, project management, and communications skills. There are ample opportunities to innovate and improve processes for greater efficiency, as you are responsible for validating the data behind Verizon's payouts to partners.
* Submitting validated invoices for management approval and pay out.
* Building rev share and rating rules in the system conforming to contractual terms.
* Handling partner queries and disputes backing up your findings with research and data.
* Exploring automation opportunities in the new partner / product stack, establishing linkage with payable / receivable systems.
* Partnering with stakeholders like product marketing / sourcing / accounting to understand the structure and function of new products, contractual terms, and provide inputs on Cost Assurance requirements and launch readiness.
* Always on the lookout for better controls in our processes.
* Exploring new digital finance technologies like RPA, NLP, BlockChain and play a key role in transforming the business.
What we're looking for...
You are detail-oriented and analytical, enjoying getting to the root cause of issues. Working with others on continuous operational improvement will be a key driver for you to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and ultimately deliver a seamless process for the customer. You also have strong verbal and written communication skills.
You'll need to have:
* This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of accounting or relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
* A degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Computer Science.
* Experience in SQL coding and/or other complex data analysis tools.
* Experience with Microsoft Office, with a focus on Excel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.