Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field, plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experien...
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field, plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
Imagine a world-class engineering environment. Now add a team of exceptional talent along with technologies that are so advanced they're often classified. That's what you'll find at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here you'll lead amazing engineers as they invent the technologies, products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. If you want the chance to lead, it's time to bring your talent to General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers' missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
We seek a seasoned, experienced Sr Advanced IT Software Engineer to perform software requirements analysis, system integration activities and design and to develop and test software and tools, including development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products. Your proven leadership and expertise will aide in technical planning, verifying and validating other's work and performing cost and risk analysis.
What you'll experience:
What you bring to the table:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
- Creating and enforcing best practice engineering using modern SDLC enabling CI/CD automations and policy as a code
What sets you apart:
- A Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field, plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience; agile experience preferred
- A wide range of professional experience and very strong understanding and application of software engineering concepts and principles to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Demonstrated skills meeting financial and business objectives by resolving complex issues in creative, effective and financially favorable ways
- Ability to guide and lead the completion of major programs and projects
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines in Gitlab or other automation scripting for build, deployment, and versioning activities
- Experience with docker containers and orchestration preferably within Kubernetes
- Highly proficient in Terraform, such as understanding code organization and patterns and the ability to write modules from scratch
- Experience with one major cloud service provider, Azure preferred
- Practical Linux based system administration and scripting experience in cloud based environments
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages
- Expertise with cloud security, understand the principle of zero trust and least privilege, CIS Benchmarks is a plus
- Knowledge of Kubernetes service mesh such as ISTO
- Understanding of different types of data and its classification
- Continued awareness and knowledge of technology trends to champion for process and product improvements
- Ability to interact effectively with project teams, managers and end users
- Creative, innovative and responsible; ability to master advanced decision-making skills
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Ability to work independently between periodic check-ins
NOTE: This role can be supported remotely via telecommutte.
Note: The compensation information listed is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation.
If performed in Colorado, this position has a salary range of USD $100,000.00/Yr. - USD $140,000.00/Yr. Company OverviewGeneral Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS)
engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran - provided by Dice