Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Squad Lead / Agile Scrum Lead will support projects with clients in the Intelligence community, DOD, and Federal Government. With Agile expertise supplemented by IBM's Garage method, the squad lead will work closely with diverse teams and clients to lead and coordinate a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. The Squad Lead shall be competent and experienced in leading agile framework activities (e.g, including but not limited to Scrum and Kanban). The role of Squad Lead is the servant/master of the Squad, responsible for working with the product owner and product stakeholders to understand and manage the delivery of the solution, whilst coaching the Squad to ensure events specific to a particular framework are run, removing any blockers and improving the efficiency of the Squad. The Squad Lead will lead/facilitate one or more Agile teams. The Squad Lead will also be expected to help the team demonstrate incremental deployments to the business. Some of the responsibilities are:
* Understanding and experience implementing and coaching Agile frameworks (Garage, Scrum and Iterative methodologies)
* Management of project's scope and timeline
* Coordinate rituals in sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups. Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
* Client interaction and internal stakeholder management
* Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
* Have a good understanding of projects which are related to User experience, mobile development and application modernization using microservices and cloud
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* 3+ years experience in the following or 5 full lifecycle deliveries performing Squad Lead activities. (A) Working in Agile frameworks and experience in Scrum Master or Project Manager role (B)Previous experience in development (C) Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement) (D) Excellent communication and leadership skills (E) Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability (F) Outstanding organizational skills
* Active/Current TS/SCI clearance is required to be considered for this position.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Certified Scrum Master or equivalent
* Degree in Computer Science, Business or similar field