A leading blockchain trading exchange platform, is looking for a motivated Database Engineer to lead the development of our growing platform. This role will be responsible for conducting extensive ETL/ELT for reporting, as well as SQL query and T-SQL performance tuning. This individual will also be accountable for managing basic data modeling, processing automation and instrumentation.
As a member of the database team, you will:
· Conduct extensive ETL/ELT for operational and analytical reporting using T-SQL, Azure Function Apps and Azure Data Factory.
· Perform SQL query and T-SQL stored procedure performance tuning.
· Report over geographically distributed (sharded/partitioned) databases.
· Conduct basic data modeling (relational and dimensional).
· Create process automation and instrumentation.
· Provide production support for 50+ customer databases.
· At least 5 years of experience working with scripting tools such as PowerShell.
· At least 2 years of experience in data modeling (Erwin, ER Studio, Toad Data Modeler).
· At least 5 years of experience working with MS SQL and T-SQL.
· At least 2 years of experience working Azure Cloud Platform.
· Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and agile environment.
· Must be comfortable working as part of a remote team.
· Blockchain or cryptocurrency experience.
· At least 2 years of working specifically with MS SQL 2016 and Azure SQL DB.
· At least 1 year working with Azure Data Factory.
· At least 3 years utilizing SCM, particularly Git.
· Exposure to other cloud platforms (e.g. AWS) and cloud SQL.
· Real time environment experience.
· Ideally have experience working for a SaaS provider.