As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. Fro...
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Innovative Business Solutions Group is a global organization dedicated to delivering solutions that addresses market specific or customers unique and competitive business requirements. The mission of SAP Innovative Business Solutions Group is to be agile, innovative and flexible in providing high quality, supportable solutions. With 11 development centers worldwide, we are able to leverage a global delivery model that utilizes the specific strengths of each location.
As the global business development team we are expected to support the 4 regions (North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific & Japan) throughout the whole IBSG sales process from lead generation until successful delivery of a Innovation Development Project (IDP), or a packaged solution, and during a support phase.
SAP Innovative Business Solutions Group therefore looks for an engaged seasoned professional (f/m) in the role of a Global Solution Architect (Expert level). The candidate must have a strong development or consulting background with proven experience on multiple customer projects within various vertical industries such Automotive, Consumer Products, Manufacturing, Retail, etc. The candidate should have a very charismatic personality with superb presentation skills geared to all levels of customer s corporate structure from IT developers to high executive level.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Do following qualities apply to you:
- You are the person everyone turns to for a sound guidance
- You are the respected and trusted advisor for the most recognized customers in the world, helping them to achieve the new heights through innovation
- You are the inventive thinker who finds ingenious ways to resolve business problems and finds it exciting
- You are the person who employs Design Thinking methodology and looks at every challenge upside down and downside up
- You see no obstacles, only opportunities.
- You are an attentive listener and a very convincing speaker
- You are capable of delivering presentations and proposals to all levels of customer corporate hierarchy, especially to C-Level executives
- You want to be surrounded by like-minded and supportive colleagues who make it their goal to help you succeed
Then you definitely belong on our team. As a Solution Architect for Innovative Business Solutions Organization you will:
- Get Involved with the most exciting opportunities on Leonardo, S/4, Hybris
- Work on cloud-based solutions on SCP that provide game-changing business value combining the best of SAP s wide-ranging on-premise and cloud portfolio
- Help IBSG realize our aggressive goals on delivering innovative Cloud-based solutions to our customers
- Get personally engaged with strategic customers across many industries
- Lead discussions during customer workshops
- Challenge internal and external teams to think outside the box, use Design Thinking to generate game changing ideas
- Employ your creativity to propose different architecture approaches, considering commercial implications for SAP
- Take ownership of complex engagements including analysis, solution authoring and effort estimation
- Collaborate with internal SAP teams (such as Go-To-Market, Consulting, Business Development, Sales, Standard Development)
As a Solution Architect, you are expected to optimize the customer s project by ensuring maximized usage of the SAP Standard Product and proposing an Innovative solution that is sustainable and maintainable. In the early stages of qualification and engagement, a Solution Architect must possess the ability to rapidly develop solution concepts, an overall vision of the art-of-the-possible. During formal evaluations, a Solution Architect acts as the team lead, must closely collaborate with Development Architects, delegate ownership and responsibility for various solution elements to the Development Architects, facilitates interaction and collaboration with the customer and acts as the primary voice of the team to the account team and the customer.EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Software architecture and development experience on SAP S/4HANA and/or S/4HANA Cloud
- Experience building extensions on SAP Cloud Platform
- First hand involvement on Leonardo based opportunities (IoT, ML, Predictive, Data Science, Blockchain)
- SAP Industry Solutions knowledge (Retail, Wholesale, Automotive, Consumer Products, Manufacturing, High Tech, Financials) is a plus.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, including ability to rapidly gather data, structure hypotheses, and develop synthesized findings/recommendations
- Must be able to qualify, define and estimate development efforts for projects ranging from Small to Extra Large
- Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related fields
- Excellent verbal, communication and board/executive level presentation skills.
- Show strong leadership and coaching skills
- Innovative and willing to leave old paths behind
- Minimum 5-8 years professional experience
- Managed customer relationship over an extended period
- Deep understanding of overall SAP portfolio
- Experience in solving customer issues and building solution proposals.