As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will defin...
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Global Business Services Cloud Center of Competency is a Leader in Cloud solutions. We are seeking applications for Application Architect- IBM Cloud Modernization position to join our team. The role is meant for highly talented hands-on technical architects to help accelerate our Cloud Modernization journey in IBM Cloud space.
In this role as an experienced Application Architect, you will work with our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the IBM Cloud. You will work on a variety of opportunities and projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption. In this role, you will design and develop native cloud applications, architect IBM Cloud solutions and participate in cloud adoption, optimization and migration strategies for our clients. You will also advise our clients on API, Microservices, legacy application modernization and deployment to the cloud. The role requires the ability to work with the client's IT team, as well as C-level executives to demonstrate the cloud value proposition. This includes assessing the current application and infrastructure environment, performing a gap analysis, and recommending the to-be solution architecture. As the Application Architect- IBM Cloud Modernization, you will be required to deliver a proof of concept or minimum viable product using agile methodology and IBM design thinking. You will use your knowledge of platform based cloud development as a service offerings in the market, born-on-the-cloud application architecture and best practices, API management, DevOps, Internet of Things, and Cloud Integration suites to advise our clients on their hybrid/multi cloud journey. We are seeking a candidate who are able to design, architect and develop cloud applications. Lead teams of developers and own proof of concepts. Ability to work with a global team and flexibility will be essential. Knowledge of multiple platforms, cloud services, AI, Blockchain and Dev/SecOps is highly desired.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
* Help customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage IBM Cloud.
* Architect and develop customer applications to be cloud optimized.
Work as a Technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams.
* Provide deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming.
* Advise and implement IBM Cloud best practices.
* Work as both an infrastructure and application development specialist.
* Implement Agile processes.
* Implement DevOps practices including continuous integration and automated deployment.
* Bring in Eminence, Thought Leadership, Identify trends and business opportunities.
* Developing and maintain sustainable Sales pipeline.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 7 years of experience using cloud development platforms from multiple cloud vendors , including IBM Cloud, RedHat OpenShift, AWS, Azure, GCP with focus on IBM Cloud
* At least 4 years of experience with containerization and container management
* At least 5 years of experience architecting and developing cloud applications
* At least 5 years of experience in DevSecOps and Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment
* At least 7 years of experience consulting
* Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
* 3 years of experience with legacy applications, Java application development, API and Microservices usage preferred
* At least 7 years' experience in Solution Architecture, Building and Selling Large Complex Cloud Solutions((IBM Cloud, Azure, AWS, GCP) to multiple Clients.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise