Synechron is one of the fastest-growing digital, business consulting & technology firms in the world. Specialized in financial services, the...
Synechron is one of the fastest-growing digital, business consulting & technology firms in the world. Specialized in financial services, the business' focus on embracing the most cutting-edge innovations combined with expert knowledge and technical expertise has allowed Synechron to reach $500+ million in annual revenue, 8,000 employees and 18 offices worldwide. Synechron is agile enough to invest R&D into the latest technologies to help financial services firms stand at the cutting-edge of innovation; yet, also large enough to scale any global project. Learn more at :
Synechron draws on over 15 years of financial services IT consulting experience to provide expert systems integration expertise and technical development work in highly-complex areas within financial services. This includes: Enterprise Architecture & Strategy, Application Development & Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure Management, Data & Analytics and Cloud Computing. Synechron is one of the world's leading systems integrators for specialist technology solutions including: Murex, Calypso, Pega, and others and also provides traditional offshoring capabilities with off-shore development centers located in Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Chennai as well as near-shoring capabilities for European banks with development centers in Serbia. Synechron's technology team works with traditional technologies and platforms like Java, C++, Python, and others as well as the most cutting-edge technologies from blockchain to artificial intelligence. Learn more at:
Synechron is seeking a Solution Architect - Big Data Space within the Data Management and Strategy
We are looking for a Solutions Architect who has a passion for data and the new technology patterns that support business insight and analytics. We need someone with experience implementing data solutions across a wide variety of tools and technologies. As a Solutions Architect you will be responsible for partnering with leadership to understand and interpret solution requirements. This role requires someone excited to advance a team through the transition from traditional data solutions to emerging data patterns.
Ensuring our delivery of Big Data solutions is first class - satisfying our demanding client-base, where we win engagements to deliver Big Data solutions. This will include leading engagements, team-building and overseeing deliveries.
What you'll do:
- Work with business to understand business requirements and use cases
- Create technical and business solutions architectures (logical and physical)
- Resolve questions during design and implementation of architecture
- Evaluate tools for use case fit, perform vendor/tool comparisons and present recommendations
- Contribute to the capability roadmaps for data platforms
- Review schemas, data models and data architecture for Hadoop environments
- Prototype solutions for specific use cases
- Advise peers and business partners on fit-for-use and technical complexities
- Partner with other technical leaders for solution alignment with strategy and standards.
- Proven leadership, including leadership within the Financial Services domain
- Gravitas, comfort and capability of presenting and pitching to senior technology managers at major financials.
- Appreciation of the business domains in Financial Services that use Big Data, including Risk, Regulation, Finance, Compliance, Fraud
- Team building, hiring the best of the available talent pool, growing talent from within
- Ability to pitch and manage multiple projects
- Consulting background highly beneficial
Required Skills :
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop, Hive, Sqoop, Splunk, STORM, SPARK, Kafka and HBASE (At least 2 years)
- Experience with end-to-end solution architecture for data capabilities including.
- ETL Staging & Load for legacy systems
- Experience with Test Driven Code Development and SCM tools
- Fluent understanding of best practices for building Data Lake and analytical architectures on Hadoop
- Strong scripting / programming background (Unix, Python preferred)
- Strong SQL experience with the ability to develop, tune and debug complex SQL applications
- Expertise in schema design, developing data models and proven ability to work with complex data is required
- Experience in real time and batch data ingestion
- Proven experience in working in large environments such as RDBMS, EDW, NoSQL etc.
- Understanding security, encryption and masking using various technologies including Kerberos, MapR-tickets, Vormetric and Voltage.
- Shared HDFS storage for all Data Marts
- S3 for Object data stores where applicable, especially for supporting OLTP or CRUD application capabilities, Apache Parquet or ORC for Columnar data stores
- Apache Spark for data processing - Scala, Python or Java
- Apache Spark for data access through Spark SQL, Data Frames
- Dedicated Spark clusters for each Data Mart. The capacity of the cluster is sized based on the usage of the Data Mart.
- Oracle or SQL Server for legacy Data Marts
- Metadata Management, and Data Governance within the Big Data / NoSQL domain.
- TML5 for UI , OBIEE for standard reporting ,Tableau for self-service reporting
- Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science or related.
- provided by Dice Scala, Python, Hadoop, Java, Spark, SQL, Data Frames, Data Mart, Data Lake, Big Data, NoSQL, Unix