As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will defin...
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services is looking for an Application Architect with technical expertise in cloud platforms (IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, etc.), modern data concepts, data governance principles, data modeling, containers/container orchestration, and solution/application architecture. Knowledge in applying other key technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, IoT, Blockchain, etc., to solve business problems is preferred.
As an Application Architect, you will be responsible for designing end-to-end technical solutions to solve business problems. Along with bringing technical thought leadership, you will work with clients and IBM teams to implement and deliver these solutions.
* Collaborating with senior managers to determine business-specific application needs.
* Compiling and implementing application development plans for new or existing applications.
* Leading the application development team and supervising the design, testing, and modification stages.
* Demonstrating application prototypes and integrating user feedback.
* Writing scripts and code for applications, as well as installing and updating applications.
* Mentoring junior application developers and providing end-users with technical support.
* Running diagnostic tests and performing debugging procedures.
* Performing application integration, maintenance, upgrades, and migration.
* Documenting application development processes, procedures, and standards.
* Integrating trends in application architecture in application development projects.
* Establishing and managing trusted advisor client relationships
* Provide best of breed, fit for purpose Cloud and data strategy and architectural recommendations
* Willingness to travel up to 75% to client sites upon a mutual "return to work" initiative starting
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the anticipated compensation range for the position $128,000 to $198,000 is based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary depending on your job-related skills and experience. For part time roles, the compensation will be adjusted appropriately.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or other Applied Math/Science field
* At least 6-10 years of experience with designing Cloud-based applications and solutions, preferably in the areas of Data Platforms and Analytics
* At least 3-5 years of experience in Big Data and Advanced Analytics solutions
* At least 2 years of experience in a consulting role at another consulting/professional services organization
* At least 3-5 years of experience with cloud platforms such as IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and modern data processing tools such as Kafka, Python, Spark
* At least 3-5 years of experience with cloud database platforms and tools such as Snowflake, RedShift, Synapse Analytics, Big Query, etc.
* Extensive experience in aligning application development with business needs.
* Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to build a case and influence other Architects and Executives
* Superb organizational and time management skills.
* Great collaboration and communication skills.
* Serve as a mentor for other engineers and technical consultants
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Certification in an Architectural Framework, such as TOGAF
* Certification in cloud technologies, such as IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform or Snowflake
* Knowledge of containers, dockers, IBM Cloud Pak for Data, Kubernetes and container orchestration and management platform such as OpenShift
* Understanding of data governance and metadata management practices and usage of tools such as Alation, Collibra, Metacenter, Atlas, etc.
* Knowledge of project methodologies and frameworks such as agile, CI/CD, DevOps, etc.