Senior Full-Stack Developer
Since 1979, TxMQ has been building, integrating, managing, supporting and securing critical business sys...
Senior Full-Stack Developer
Since 1979, TxMQ has been building, integrating, managing, supporting and securing critical business systems and data for large and mid-market enterprise customers. TxMQ's Disruptive Technologies Group (DTG) was established in 2017 to provide consulting services and development capabilities to our customers in emerging technologies. DTG currently has a heavy focus on implementing solutions that leverage blockchain or distributed ledger technology. DTG is an engaging, fast-paced environment where technological change is expected and embraced. Our developers have a unique opportunity to work with cutting-edge emerging technologies, each with the potential to explode into the next big thing.
Senior Full-Stack Developers work in small teams with other client- and server-side developers to build out solutions for our customers. Our development teams are led by a Technical Lead, who has primary responsibility for the delivery of their individual projects. Senior developers are expected to demonstrate consulting skills, and to be comfortable engaging directly with customers. All of our developers are expected to be good communicators, to manage their time effectively, and to have a passion for what they do. An eagerness and ability to quickly learn new approaches and technologies is a must-have.
• Architect and design applications according to best practices.
• Develop and test middle-tier application components such as REST APIs, database integrations, security features, and integrations with external systems including distributed ledger or blockchain platforms.
• Develop and test user interfaces for web and mobile applications using single-page web frameworks (typically AngularJS).
• Assist client-side developers with REST integrations.
• Write in-code and external documentation. Documentation could take the form of JavaDoc-formatted comments, diagrams, and written documentation. Senior developers are expected to be able to document their approaches and technology decisions, and create "run books" for customers.
• Work with customers resources and DTG technical leads to gather business and technical requirements, and facilitate application testing and deployment.
• Collaborate with your team to ensure that work products integrate well with the rest of the application's architecture
• Take task assignments and technical direction from your technical lead. Proactively communicate with your tech lead to raise issues as they arise.
• Be comfortable mentoring and managing junior developers.
• Learn new technologies and methodologies. Work to grow your skillset, especially as it relates to skills with distributed ledger technologies. Senior developers will be expected to acquire distributed ledger development skills on an ongoing basis.
• 5+ years of experience developing web applications, with strong recent experience developing single-page web applications: AngularJS, React, Vue, etc. Solidity and Blockchain expertise.
• 5+ years of experience developing Java applications, with a strong focus on middle-tier and back-end development intended to be consumed via REST
• Maven and dependency management
• JPA/Hibernate against relational databases
• Strong grasp of REST API fundamentals, ability to design APIs for consumption by single-page web application clients
• Strong RDBMS skills: Should be proficient in SQL and RDBMS table design.
• Experience integrating authentication and authorization providers such as OAuth, Active Directory, LDAP
• Be familiar with virtualization technologies: VMWare, Docker, etc.
• Working knowledge of concurrency: multi-threading, thread pools, locks, etc
• Experience with mobile web and Cordova
• Typescript experience
• Strong working knowledge of CSS, SASS or LESS preferred
• Previous work with designers, ability to work from design comps
• Experience with unit testing frameworks (JUnit, Mocha/Chai, Selenium, etc)
• DevOps, CI/CD exposure
• Docker/Kubernetes exposure
• Exposure to blockchain and distributed ledger
• Recent AngularJS experience (last 18 months)
• Experience developing mobile applications with Ionic
• Be familiar with App Store approval processes
• Middle-tier and back end development exposure (see Junior Java Developer)
• Cloud: AWS, IBM, Azure experience
• Spring Boot
• Exposure to NoSQL databases
• Oracle, MS Sql Server, and/or MySQL experience
• Experience with DevOps, CI/CD
• Experience with one or more cloud platforms: Azure, AWS, IBM Cloud