Take a walk around our offices and you'll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on c...
Take a walk around our offices and you'll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our office events. While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact
Join Imprivata in this position where you can find a smart group of people who value hard work while working in a casual and fun environment. This is a full- or part-time internship opportunity based in Imprivata's Lexington, MA office, supporting our Research and Discovery Group .
In this role you will be responsible for participating in a variety of challenging projects to evaluate new technologies in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will have the opportunity to work with technologies such as cloud identity based services, bluetooth low energy (BLE), and blockchain, as well as to prototype hardware and software applications, starting from an initial concept through all phases of R&D, leading to a working prototype, and potentially field testing it with customers.
Desired Qualifications (it is desired that candidates have some of these capabilities but not all, depending on the project):
- In pursuit of a Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Solidworks and 3D printing
- Experience with hardware design of plastic devices
- Experience with end user product design
- Experience with system integration of multiple hardware types
- Experience with iOS and/or Android development
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledge/experience with blockchain
- Knowledge/experience with cloud infrastructure
- Self-sufficient, able to complete projects with little guidance
- Detail oriented; able to multi-task; strong organizational skills
- Willingness to learn with a passion for technology and/or programming
- Previous work experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve complex problems by thinking analytically and creatively
Imprivata, the healthcare IT security company, provides healthcare organizations globally with a security and identity platform that delivers ubiquitous access, positive identity management, and multifactor authentication. Imprivata was launched in 2002 with the goal of making it easier for clinicians to access health information. Today, over 6 million clinicians around the world use Imprivata for secure and convenient access. We enable healthcare securely by establishing trust between people, technology, and information to address critical compliance and security challenges while improving productivity and the patient experience.
At Imprivata, we have a top notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. Note: To apply for this job, submit your application by clicking on the Apply Now button on this page