Were seeking a Software Engineer to work with Ciscos SCM (Software Configuration Management) team. This developer will be responsible for th...
Were seeking a Software Engineer to work with Ciscos SCM (Software Configuration Management) team. This developer will be responsible for the development, support and integration of Cisco's highly transparent global SCM system. This work will also continue to advance Cisco's best in industry source code development practices. This is an outstanding opportunity that gives you a chance to work on SCM tooling on a huge scale. This includes managing source code repositories with over millions of lines of code and tens of thousands of users spread worldwide.
This effort will involve the following:
- Proposing, planning, and architecting new solutions
- Creation of new tooling (including proof of concept work)
- Maintenance of existing tools Providing tech talks and training for users
- Performance & Usability Evaluation Communication and Collaboration with the broader, Cisco-wide developer community
This work happens in a fast paced, dynamic environment, working closely with the immediate team as well as representatives from the broader, world-wide, multi-functional engineering organizations. Skills Required:
- Python, Modern Scripting language
- SCM concepts and experience - GIT (and associated CI workflow tools, GITHUB, BITbucket)
- Unix/Linux familiarity key; administrative skills beneficial
- Excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal) with an ability to easily work with many diverse groups and levels of technological understanding
- Proven ability to make and meet development commitments
- Innovative & motivated to be a change agent
- You have experience in Source Code Control systems development and administration
- Integration of SCM functionality into Build, Release, and defect tracking tools
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and continuous integration systems
- You have experience with databases: MongoDB, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with web services very effective
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us! - provided by Dice