Plano 7 (31067), United States of America, Plano, Texas At Capital One, we re building a leading information-based technology company. Still...
Plano 7 (31067), United States of America, Plano, Texas At Capital One, we re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer (Java) As a Capital One Software Engineer, you ll work on everything from customer-facing web apps and backend services to mobile applications using cutting-edge tools and frameworks. Join Capital One in an engineering role and shape the next phase of innovation for fintech. Responsibilities:
- Write, design, code, test, implement, debug, and validate applications; document design decisions and develop modular software components; monitor system performance metrics, and identify potential risks/issues.
- Collaborate in an Agile scrum team with product owners and fellow software engineers to deliver upon most important business and technical priorities.
- Provide active mentorship/guidance to fellow members of the agile tech team and participate in internal and external technology conference & communities.
What you would expect to work on here: Object-Oriented Languages ( Java , Go), Cloud -Based Technologies ( AWS , DevOps and Serverless), Front End Frameworks (Angular, React, Node.js), Cutting Edge Data Tools (Python, Spark, Machine Learning) and Next Generation technologies (AI, Blockchain). Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor s degree
- At least 4 years of experience in software development
- At least 4 years' experience in Java development
- At least 4 years' of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring OR SpringBoot
- At least 4 years' of experience with database technologies
- At least 1 year of experience in CICD technologies and Continuous Testing
- At least 1 year of experience in Microservices
- 1+ years of experience with Angular 2+
- 2+ years of experience in Redis OR Elastic Search
- 2+ years of experience with Apache Kafka
- 2+ years of cloud experience
- 1+ year of experience with Splunk
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect OR AWS Certified Developer
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Associated topics: backend, c c++, c#, developer, matlab, perl, php, sdet, software development engineer, sw