Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near futu...
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of the Software Development and Quality Assurance team that is responsible for validating all aspects of Cisco Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN) solution. The Enterprise Networking Business (ENB) is Cisco's largest business group by revenue, profit, and contribution margin of $12 bn+. Enterprise edge products that integrate industry-leading routing, application services, security, and voice/video features with new technologies such as virtualization, 4G mobile data, cloud-based IT applications, DNA, Switching, Routing and WAN. Customers range from small businesses to the world's largest retailers, financial institutions, and IT service providers. Our customers likely include your bank, apparel retailer, grocery store, superstore, and maybe even your favorite coffee shop. Driving innovation and increased customer value has enabled Cisco Enterprise Routing to maintain market share leadership in a competitive environment.
What You'll Do
Who You Are Minimum qualifications:
- Gather test requirements, understand software design, and develop a test plan.
- Develop test automation scripts using python all products.
- Interact with developers every day to understand product design, file bugs and get issues resolved quickly.
- Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 3-5 years of related experience or BSEE/CS combined with 5-8+ years of experience
- Excellent Layer 2 and Layer 3 knowledge/ hands-on experience. Good understanding of various networking protocols and standards.
- Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques
- Execute tests, track and log issues and drive them till resolution with verification of bug fixes
- Review PRD, SFS, Test plans, and other documentations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work multi-functionally.
- Good programming/scripting skills using one of more of the programming languages like Python, Perl, C/C++, Java, Ruby
We Are Cisco
- Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good teammate
- Application UI/BE testing
- Knowledge of Selenium, Robot framework, REST APIs
- Knowledge of SD-WAN
- Knowledge of VMs/Docker
- Network protocols like TCP/IP, FTP, DHCP, HTTP, Routing/switching protocols (OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, STP, VLAN) knowledge
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial guidance
- Have experience in customer deployments
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
- Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve overall group efficiency and test effectiveness. Contribute to overall test strategies.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. - provided by Dice