Are you a truly great test engineer? Interested in mind-blowing challenges in the rapidly evolving world of the blockchain? Picture yourself...
Are you a truly great test engineer? Interested in mind-blowing challenges in the rapidly evolving world of the blockchain? Picture yourself on the very cutting edge of security, privacy and computer science, like pushing the boundaries on cryptographic protocols and auditing distributed systems consensus protocols.
Don't wait to explore this rare opportunity to create meaning with your software. At CipherTrace, you will join other top-tier talent helping to grow the crypto economy and make the world safer. Our cryptocurrency intelligence solutions are used by the largest exchanges and banks globally to keep criminals and purveyors of fraud off their payment networks. CipherTrace blockchain analytics solutions enable investigators to de-anonymize the financial transactions of drug dealers, terrorists, and other bad actors.
Just less than a year after emerging from stealth, CB Insights 2019 Cyber Defenders named CipherTrace one of the top-two companies in cryptocurrency forensics. CipherTrace's seasoned founders and top New York and Silicon Valley venture capitalist backing indicates they are in it to win. If you have what it takes to be number-one, if you think creating breakthrough engineering solutions is fun, we want you.
The ideal candidate is an experienced software development engineer in test. She or he should be a passionate, self-motivated, team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and have a willingness to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
Your mission will be to become an expert on the operation and testing of a particular CipherTrace software product or component (including interactions with dependencies). Your area of expertise might be the web front-end, back-end, mobile app, or data validation.
The most important duties of the person in this role will include:
· Contribute to product quality both proactively and reactively by leveraging your product knowledge to plan, execute, and automate the right tests at the right time, reducing the length of development cycles with quick feedback on new changes.
· Anticipate challenges and risks and recommend strategies for meeting or mitigating them, such as specific improvements to the product's testability or focusing testing efforts in specific areas which may be more brittle or complex.
· Manually test new features and existing features which are not automated.
· Provide feedback on product quality both to developers and to the larger team and contribute to decisions on how best to deliver a positive user experience in a timely manner.
· Perform code reviews and advise developers on testability, automated testing best practices, and how to perform the right tests at each step of the process.
· Collaborate with customer-facing teams and product management to understand customer needs and help prioritize bug fixes and expedite them when needed.
· Collaborate with other product teams as needed to help ensure timely delivery and excellent quality across the CipherTrace product offerings.
To be successful, you should have the following attributes:
· Strong skills as a software development engineer in test (or proven skills in both development and testing, preferably with some overlap), including experience with one or more of the following: web front-end testing, REST testing, iOS/Android testing, data validation.
· Experience in analytical thinking, test automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery, data analysis and visualization, etc.
· Hands-on experience with testing tools such as CodeceptJS, Puppeteer, Selenium, Postman, REST Assured, etc.
· Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases; for backend or data-oriented roles, experience with big data frameworks and stream processing platforms is also a plus.
· Good knowledge of industry standard QA/QE best practices and a willingness and ability to champion QE philosophy and influence others.
· Strong English communication skills (both spoken and written).
· Comfortable working with distributed and remote teams.
Nice to have:
· Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
· Interest in blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum (and ERC-20 tokens), and more.
· Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, and container technologies