Our direct client, a Top Tier Brokerage Firm, offering an electronic trading platform for the trade of financial assets including common sto...
Our direct client, a Top Tier Brokerage Firm, offering an electronic trading platform for the trade of financial assets including common stocks, preferred stocks, futures contracts, exchange-traded funds, options, cryptocurrency, mutual funds, and fixed income investments, is looking for a Software Engineer/Data Science Engineer for a long term contract in their Ann Arbor, MI location to implement Data Science solutions.
At First Tier Technology, we believe the core strength of our organization lies with the people who are our most valuable assets and enablers of success. We view ourselves as enablers and providers of a positive and supportive environment, which motivates our employees, facilitates achievement, and creates consistent and high levels of performance. Our clients, are some of the most highly regarded Financial Services & Investment Banks in the US!
Requisition Title: IT - Developer/Applications Programmer - Niche 1
Description: Software Engineer, Data Engineering Infrastructure
TD Ameritrade is seeking a highly motivated individual as a Software Engineer on its Data Science Team. This individual should have exceptional software engineering capability and be able to use these skills to apply and improve the performance of cutting-edge data science approaches. Emphasis is placed on creating scalable, AI-driven solutions, especially in the areas of recommendation systems, topic classification of customer interactions, and real-time risk alerting for millions of customers.
Leverage your knowledge of Python, Scripting, SQL/NoSQL Java to build data science pipelines including data ingestion (real time, structured and unstructured), data science model execution, model results export and expose data science functionality via API/Web Service. Work with other technology partners to implement data science solutions within the eco system of tools/technologies. Demonstrate your knowledge and experience by troubleshooting and solving critical issues that may involve many systems and platforms within a complex infrastructure. You can expect to work on small to large projects and maintenance efforts.
Experience in the following areas of a data science pipeline are highly preferred:
- Model integration: Interface data science models with end-consumers through RESTful web services and microservices.
- Database development: Ingest and persist data in an appropriate database; optimize data architecture and availability.
- Exceptional capability to assess and apply new technologies in a short timeframe
- Design and operation of robust distributed systems
- Significant experience with Python / Scripting / Java preferred in that order
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
- Some experience with NoSQL data processing
- Experience with development using open source technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, and Spark
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Eagerness to learn and apply new technologies
- Team player: readily willing to collaborate and assist within and outside of group
- Fluency with Git for version control
- Cloud computing capability (e.g., with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of common machine learning and deep learning libraries (e.g., scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Apache Spark MLlib, etc) will be an added plus
Education and work experience
- Master s degree in Computer Science or related area
- 3+ years work experience
- provided by Dice