Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in t...
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on the software development for NXOS product lines and be a key part of Cisco's Data Center strategy. We are looking for candidates who strive in a fast-paced dynamic environment. You will be part of a dedicated team that has epitomized open communications, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success.
Who You'll Work With
Participate on a project team of engineers involved in development of software for Cisco products. Requires strong background in SW design, documentation and implementation.
- Contribute to the development of an important and critical networking product by building the software collaborating with multiple teams and groups.
- Design and deliver software features.
- Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation in defining solutions.
- Significantly influences the design of interfaces between products to ensure interoperability.
- Develop large portions of software independently and rapidly.
- Champion new, improved design methodologies.
- Participate in Cisco's Patent Program.
Who You are
You have the ability to apply extensive experience as a networking protocol specialist and you will understand advanced architecture principles and design practices.
- Exercises good judgement determining how to best achieve technical objectives of assignment.
- Self-Driven and Highly Ambitious
- Creative problem-solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Excellent teamwork and people skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work towards long-term goals.
- Flexibility and openness to change.
- Programming experience (C, C++ ), script languages (Perl, Python).
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols (ex: TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS).
Master's degree with 5+ years of experience or BSC with 8+ years of experience in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. - provided by Dice