Horn Solutions has partnered with a fast-growing blockchain technology company to bring on a Software Development Engineer. Would you like t...
Horn Solutions has partnered with a fast-growing blockchain technology company to bring on a Software Development Engineer. Would you like to join a tech company that's bringing blockchain to the masses & building leading-edge solutions for enterprises? How about an opportunity to play an important part in shaping our future? From day one, you'll be rolling up your sleeves & joining a team of engineers to extend their blockchain-as-a-service platform. Their core offering is a set of REST APIs & SDKs designed for developers to add blockchain capabilities to their applications.
You'll be working with a back-end stack that includes Python, Django, Postgres, RESTful APIs, GitHub, Red Hat 3scale, Kubernetes & CircleCI, hosted primarily on Google Cloud Platform.
- Supporting the design of next-generation systems
- Developing software, owning the entire lifecycle from design, specification & implementation, to verification & release
- Participate in SaaS operations
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team of other engineers to plan & estimate the team's work in a sprint workflow
- Working in a fast-moving, but stable environment in a continuous deployment workflow; testing & QA is very much a part of the role
MUST HAVE SKILLS --
- 1+ years recent experience working with Python and Python-based frameworks such as Celery, Django & Flask
- Experience in a Linux or Unix environment
- Background in distributed systems
- Experience working in a cloud environment
- Experience building & maintaining APIs via RESTful web services
- A track-record of creating & maintaining automated tests (unit, acceptance tests)
MUST HAVE BACKGROUND --
- BS in Computer Science (or relevant equivalent)
- 3 - 5 years of software development experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Customer-centric; a deep understanding of what would benefit the users most
- Propensity to iterate on products in weekly cycles; a bias for action
- Positive entrepreneurial outlook with the ability to be flexible in a changing environment
- Passion for programming & software engineering
- Able to handle ambiguity
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work successfully across teams
- Logical & strong problem-solving skills
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS -
- Experience with Jira/Confluence
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience contributing to open-source software
This is a contract-to-hire position based in the Northwest Austin area OR fully remote (Texas residency preferred). The contract length is estimated at 4-6 months, working full time hours. Upon converting to a full-time employee, competitive benefits, perks & incentives will be offered.
- provided by Dice Python, Django, Flask, Linux, Unix, distributed systems, cloud, GCP, REST, CI/CD