Selby Jennings is working with one of the most talked about start-ups in Texas on a Lead Scala Developer role. This is a venture-backed star...
Selby Jennings is working with one of the most talked about start-ups in Texas on a Lead Scala Developer role. This is a venture-backed start-up that prioritizes social and environmental good through blockchain technology.
They are looking for a Blockchain Engineer - Scala, to help lead their tech team in building a cutting-edge blockchain network to unlock economic growth and social advancement around the world. They are building a native blockchain ecosystem that enables organizations to prove and monetize their sustainable and ethical practices.
What you'll do
- Contribute to the core design and development of the native blockchain
- Collaborate closely with the CTO and research team
- Develop and and oversee testing and documentation with a focus on the reliability and maintainability of the code base
- Perform and participate in code reviews
- Help communicate and implement best practices across the engineering team
- Identify and resolve performance bottleneck
What you'll bring
- A degree in computer science (or associated field) and/or other advanced certification
- 2+ years of professional experience with Scala
- Experience with Git version control and comfort in working with a distributed team
- Experience with Agile methodology and test driven development
- An enthusiasm for using technology to positively impact that world
- Prior work experience as part of a blockchain development team
- Knowledge of Akka Typed and Akka HTTP highly preferred
- A post-graduate degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field
- Experience in implementing cryptographic primitives and schemes or DSL design