Do you have a vision for how financial services can improve people's everyday lives? Are you skilled a...
Do you have a vision for how financial services can improve people's everyday lives? Are you skilled at making what could be a reality, instead of iterating what has been? Are you entrepreneurial, with an action-disposition? As a member of the Enterprise Innovation team you will develop edge technologies through pattern-matching to craft and test compelling, usable and productive solutions for our users. Blockchain, artificial intelligence and machine learning, microservices architectures and IoT are within our solution set, as well as agile development, product management, design thinking and human-centered design approaches. You will thrive inside a dynamic work environment that empowers your ability to explore emerging technologies, changing the way financial industries do business and driving the education of this ever-changing market.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Take abstract, early-stage product or solution concepts, and build them with technology.
- Code the solutions for our most challenging technical problems.
- Work closely with Innovation Architects to architect, design and build complex software systems.
- Serve as a tech leader by mentoring developers and technology service partners through their daily challenges, while installing healthy DevOps practices, removing roadblocks and minimizing escalation to management teams.
- Size, scope and estimate development efforts, then overcome any obstacles to manage their successful delivery on-time and on-budget.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following skills:
- Experience as a Lead Software Engineer, including the ability to guide a development team and provide technical leadership development efforts to ensure project success.
- Ability to size, scope and estimate development efforts
- Proven success facilitating software design and ideation sessions
- Experience with modern, Agile-based application development methodologies and emerging technologies like microservices, API management, web-scale architectures, DevOps engineering, container-based delivery, cloud automation, TDD, BDD, continuous integration (CI), and CD.
- Demonstrated understanding of relational and NoSQL database models, and "big data" analysis tools and techniques
- Experience with design and administration of cloud solutions, including Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Working knowledge of Blockchain-based technologies, business applications, languages and design patterns
- Strong presentation and communication skills, and the ability to make technical recommendations to PNC management and internal/external service partners.
Core Competencies Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Aligns business strategy with software solutions.
- Proposes, designs & codes software solutions to address complex business needs. Oversees technical and procedural documentation required.
- Leads complex problem solving.
- Provides technical guidance and support to colleagues and solution development.
- Displays an innovative approach to apply modern principles, methodologies and tools to advance business initiatives and capabilities.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Job Specific Competencies Application Design, Architecture - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Packaged Application Integration - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize application design methodologies, tools and techniques to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
System Development Life Cycle - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of tools, techniques and processes of packaged application integration; ability to integrate packaged applications across diverse systems, databases and technology platforms, to share business data and processes among connected application sources.
Technical Troubleshooting - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
Software Process Improvement (SPI) - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Product and Vendor Evaluation - Working Experience
- Knowledge of formal software process improvement disciplines, and ability to assess and improve the quality and operating costs associated with an existing application.
Required Education and Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to implement processes for the evaluation and selection of products, tools, services and infrastructure components ensuring they are in line with an organization's business needs and architectural principles.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered. EEO Statement
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law Department: