What You'll Do
The Cisco Advanced Threat engineering team is looking for a strong and collaborative Software Developer in Test with energy and enthusiasm in the security space. You'll be a key player in leading our engineering efforts to build a new cloud-based product that further extends the overall Cisco Security portfolio vision and strategy. You will be a champion for code quality as you create manual and automated tests that validate end-to-end functionality of the product both in isolation and at enterprise scale. You will help plan and estimate features and integrations with a focus on simplicity, ease of use, and overall delight. You will utilize your skills as a software developer in test to maximize the value of our product so that we can continuously create, develop, and deliver the best outcomes for our customers. Who You'll Work With
As a software developer in test, you will be a core member of a team composed of highly skilled individuals who are comfortable working in dynamic and technically challenging environments. Our team is a highly performant group that have successfully delivered multiple enterprise-grade products and are involved in all stages of the product life cycle from conception to development, go-to-market, and ongoing support of our customers. Who You Are
You are a self-motivated, results-driven, and engaged individual who enjoys collaborating in a team-based environment. You want to get to the bottom of things, understand what's going on, and build product that makes a difference and leaves a lasting impression. You are someone who doesn't give up easily when faced with complex problems and has a strong overall attention for detail. Minimum Requirements
Nice to have
- 5+ years of professional experience in a cloud software development or testing role
- Experience working with AWS in delivery of cloud-based products
- Exposure to OS-level virtualization such as Docker or LXC
- Experience with Linux or Unix-based operating systems
- Understanding of distributed datastores such as DynamoDB or Apache Cassandra
- Experience in testing either frontend or backend systems
- Experience in development and maintenance of automation framework, libraries, and internal tools
- Understanding of writing requirements, test scenarios and defect tracking through its lifecycle
- Ability to identify candidate test cases for automation
- Work closely across teams through the product design and development process
- Experience in automated test development using Golang or an equivalent strongly typed language such as Python
- Experience with Postfix or equivalent mail transfer agents
- Testing and/or configuration of security products
- Production experience with distributed databases and datastores
- Prior leadership roles in software development organizations
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (particularly SCRUM)
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!