Who We Are:
We are located just minutes away from Salt Lake City, Utah and several world-class ski resorts, and within hours of five nation...
Who We Are:
We are located just minutes away from Salt Lake City, Utah and several world-class ski resorts, and within hours of five national parks. Overstock is an original resident of "Silicon Slopes", one of the fastest growing technology hubs in the country. We're a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology like our award-winning retail app (with amazing AR functionality) and leading blockchain and machine learning technologies. Our team embodies unique values and diverse perspectives, making Overstock a hidden treasure in the tech industry.
Overstock's mission is to use, build, and find cutting-edge technology that helps connect people with products and services in new and unexpected ways. Our website offers millions of brand name products at discount prices to inspire people to make their dream homes a reality.
The Software Developer in Test is a hybrid developer/tester position and is responsible for the development, maintenance, execution and reporting of a teams test automation frameworks and load tests. They provide quick feedback and support throughout the development process, and analyze and report on the test results that are required for applications and services deployments.
• Create and maintain test automation framework with an emphasis on clean and reusable code
• Automate test cases to enable quick turn around for application deploys
• Review and document new projects and existing application code
• Work with development teams to verify application functionality, usability, performance and scalability
• Assist application owners with regression testing, load testing, script testing, user acceptance testing and test architecture support
• Develop and maintain reusable code libraries to help build streamlined and efficient development/testing processes
• Evaluate and analyze automation metrics, providing feedback to developers, system architects and subject matter experts
• Assist with the setup and maintenance of the teams test environments
• Be able to provide accurate time estimates of your work
• Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management
• Follow legal policies as directed
• Minimum of 2+ years recent software development or quality assurance experience
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming and design patterns
• Strong Java SE skills, preferably through release 1.7
• Comfort and familiarity with common data structures, algorithms and collections
• Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium, WebDriver, JMeter, Fit/FitNesse, SoapUI, Watir, or similar
• Experience using IDEs such as Eclipse or IntelliJ
• Experience with building unit tests using JUnit and TestNG
• Experience using source control systems like SVN, CVS, GIT
• Experience with Maven
• Solid SQL ability
• Development experience on Linux and Windows
• Experience with large databases and systems
• Familiar with Agile development and testing methods such as Scrum or Kanban
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Should demonstrate good analytical skills as well as initiative and integrity in all aspects of work
• Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
Equal Employment Opportunity: It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
What We Offer: LEED Gold Certified 19-acre Campus & Global HQ Onsite Daycare Center 401k (6% match) Onsite Health Clinic Flexible Schedules Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership development Program, & Mentorship Program Onsite Fitness Center with group fitness classes and trainers Onsite Cafe with additional Coffee Shop and Juice Bar Indoor Bike Storage Summer Party at Lagoon, Utah's largest theme park Employee Fall Concert (Past performers include: Flo Rida, Snoop Dogg and Jason Mraz) Medical, Dental, Vision coverage Onsite Greenhouse, providing fresh fruits & vegetables for our cafe Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage Onsite salon services, massages, & auto-detail services Discounts on ski passes, cell phone plans Overstock Women's Network (OWN)
*Benefits vary based on location, position, tenure, and employee election
What We Value: Wellness & Balance Sustainability Corporate Social Responsibility Innovation - Discussed on Medium, Digital Trends, and Digital Commerce 360.
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
Back to Overstock Careers