Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near futu...
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
Who You'll Work With
Are you excited to be part of a new team? Does the thought of building a new, highly secure cloud infrastructure excite you? Are you ready to tackle the challenge of ensuring system security from development to deployment? Do you want to become an expert in the system and undertake new challenges? What You'll Do
As a member of the security team, you will have two essential responsibilities. You, along with the team, will be responsible for building a brand-new Government Cloud environment and maintaining the associated FedRAMP certification. You will engage across development teams to ensure Secure Development of the system. You will contribute positively by building efficient tooling and processes which enable the organization to deliver secure code at an unprecedented pace. You will work alongside product owners and engineers to ensure new features meet strict security and compliance requirements. You will be tasked with maintaining a deep technical knowledge of the information system and need to be able to write code and features. Who You Are
You are ambitious, result-driven, and engaged. You enjoy collaborating in a team-based environment. You get to the bottom of things, understand what's going on, and make a difference. You are someone who doesn't give up when faced with complex problems.
- Passionate about security; protecting our customers' privacy is our chief concern at Cisco
- Self-motivated and comfortable with working in a diverse and distributed team
- Have hands-on and/or functional management experience (coaching/mentoring/performance feedback)
- Contributing to the product as required by writing code directly or providing guidance in overcoming challenges, technical leader for the team
- Lead technical discussions and provide innovation to improve services
- Experience in software development in either desktop software or distributed systems.
- Expertise in C/C++
- Experience in or willingness to learn Go
- A deep understanding of software engineering practices
- Must be able to obtain a US government security clearance
- Familiarity with DevOps practices
- Experience with resource optimization techniques.
- Experience with SDLC
- Experience with cryptography (X509, OpenSSL, digital certificates, etc.)
- Experience performing secure code reviews
- Experience working with security standards (FedRAMP, ISO, PCI, etc.) and writing associated documentation
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!