Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you'll be part of the tea...
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you'll be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers' missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Software Architect System Manager, you'll perform software requirements analysis, system integration activities, lead research and design, develop and test software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products. We will rely on your experience and knowledge to solve the hardest technical problems facing the company, often requiring the utmost creativity and innovation. It's your chance to step up to the challenge and prove you're ready to lead the world.
Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
What you'll experience:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor's degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; agile experience preferred
- Seasoned, experienced professional with a broad range of expertise and a wide range of professional experience, possessing a substantial understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories; expert at applying technical standards and methodologies to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success, meeting and exceeding personal and team commitments
- Ability to serve as company technical spokesperson with subject matter expertise (SME)
What sets you apart:
- Active contributor to the achievement of financial and business objectives by resolving complex issues in creative, effective and financially favorable ways
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Effectively leads complex assignments, interacting with both customers and end-users
This is an opportunity to collaborate with agile teams, working within a DevSecOps environment using the latest and best industry practices for architecture, software development, and automated CI/CD pipelines. The applications being developed are mission critical, and essential to national defense.
Each team member must possess two cross-discipline skills: software development, software test, command and control system analysis, system security, DevOps methods, or model based systems engineering.