Software Architect, Emerging Tech
Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, ent...
Software Architect, Emerging Tech
Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world's business heroes-from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Sage is passionate about building a culture where our colleagues feel they can bring their whole selves to work. Where people know they'll be judged on their performance and behaviours - not their identity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Sage Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity in The Law poster:
Sage is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website to apply for a position, please contact us at We evaluate requests for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
SAGE is looking for a seasoned Software Architect to become a member of our emerging technology incubation center. Our mission is to win in the market with the world's best products and we need to be able to learn and improve in this ever-changing competitive environment. Technology innovations enable us to meet customer demands with better experiences, functionality, usability and compliance and we want to ensure, now more than ever, that we are equipped with the best innovative thinkers to help drive success. The incubation center's vision is to focus on experimentation and ideation to quickly design and prototype new applications of technology relevant to Sage customers and business segments.
We want a Software Architect who thinks big, is highly strategic thinker but tactical, resourceful and hands-on in implementation. He/she will drive projects end to end, collaborating on product definitions with product managers, UX designers and customers to design, architect and implement technical solutions. The perfect candidate will have a mentality to deliver at pace, but also have the understanding that there is no such thing as failure, only learning. The Software Architect is accountable for working with innovative technologies, such as AI/ML, Mobile, Conversational AI, Full-Stack, UI Frameworks, CI-CD Frameworks, Public, Open API and Platforms, Cloud Environments, Blockchain etc. to create solutions that deliver unique value to customers.
Key accountability and decision ownership:
• Successfully architect, design, develop, deliver and maintain high quality software (design and technical architecture, etc.) using emerging technologies
• Interpret user requirements and translate these into technical specifications and/or code. Must be able to evaluate and identify software solutions.
• Conduct research, gather information, interpret data, and then create a technical solution with the right software components.
• Successfully build with Full-Stack, Mobile and building applications from scratch using open source and other software components
• Ability to build in rapid design cycles with quick iteration and evolution
• Work with the product manager and engineering team to guide the technical solution development.
Skills, know-how and experience:
• 5+ years professional experience in innovation oriented fast paced development environments
• Prior experience in start-ups or innovation/incubation setups a plus
• Deep experience in creating business or consumer applications
• Hands on experience working with AI/ML and other emerging technologies
• High numerical reasoning and logic ability with good problem-solving skills
• Proficient with multiple programming languages, development/run-time frameworks and databases
• Hacker mentality and approach to develop quick POCs and prototypes
• Passion for learning and using new technologies and be willing to adapt to significant changes in either technology or environment
• Broad operational knowledge public and private multi-cloud (Cloud, Social, Mobility, IoT, Big Data…) environments
• Innovative and creative thinker, customer focused. Knowledge on Architecture Best Practices and Patterns (Microservices, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Domain-Driven Design, …)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/engineering, master's preferred