Your Impact to the Mission:
VMD has an exciting opportunity for a talented technology thought leader to join VMD's Department of State Prog...
Your Impact to the Mission:
VMD has an exciting opportunity for a talented technology thought leader to join VMD's Department of State Program as a Software Architect. This person will also support VMD's Enterprise Solutions as a SME and have a direct impact on the company's growth and technical offerings. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Be a driver of innovation for VMD at large; serve as a senior technologist to offer and drive technology solutions across a broad spectrum of customers primarily focused on DoS Consular Affairs to support the customer mission.
- Stay current on technology trends and think to what is next.
- Act as VMD's Software Architecture evangelist. Lead and mentor agile team(s) to define architecture, design, build and implement solutions, and support development of public-facing web applications.
- Leverage advanced technical knowledge, perform analysis, and troubleshoot database applications and their production environments.
- Work as part of a highly skilled Agile team and provide off-hours support when required.
- Serve as consultant with customer and external contract teams to meet program and release goals. Support business development efforts across the company to provide thought leadership on the topics of agile development, cloud migration, microservices, and containerization.
- Ability to write and speak convincingly about modernization technologies and provide expert perspective on architectural requirements for success.
- Ability to quickly understand and become conversant in emerging technologies and concepts including artificial intelligence, big data, and blockchain.
- Provide direction to architectural endeavors of the company including internal support systems and infrastructure as well as the establishment of sandboxes for business development in AWS and/or Salesforce.
- Engage with senior government officials across VMD's portfolio to provide advice for modernizing government systems and applications.
Experience Needed to Be Successful:
- 15 years of total experience with at least 5 years of hands-on experience with the below technologies, tools, and platforms:
- Framework(s): ASP.NET, .Net 4, WCF, Entity, Design Patterns, ERD
- Front-end Development: ASP.NET, Bootstrap, AngularJS, MVC, AJAX, Web Services, Kendo
- Database(s): Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, SQLPlus, Toad, SQL Server
- Platform/Tools: Visual Studio, TFS, IIS, Windows Server, HTTPS, CLM, GitLab, Selenium, Jenkins
- Experience with build scripts and continuous integration, using any of the following:
- Gitlab, CLM, Jira, Nexus, Docker, Puppet, Jenkins, Gitlab-ci, Beaker, OATS/Selenium, Confluence, Maven, SonarQube, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Most recent position(s) were software architect level or equivalent
- Good understanding of Networking and Application Security
- Strong Agile, SDLC, and development process experience
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Department of State experience
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience with application-network troubleshooting
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with COTS products such as AEM or Solr
- Experience with Java / J2EE / JSP or mobile development
- AWS architect certification
- Experience with Salesforce
- Education Requirement: Bachelor's in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar IT degree
- Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree? No
- Minimum Years of Overall Experience: 15
- Minimum Years of Specific Experience in Field: 5
- Minimum Clearance to Start: Interim Secret
- Work Status Allowable: US Citizenship
- Required Certification(s): None
The Type of Person That Will Excel:
- You are curious, inquisitive, and have demonstrated a constant eagerness to learn through actions.
- You have high attention to detail.
- You demonstrate personal accountability and integrity in all actions.
Travel and Telecommuting:
- Travel: None
- Telecommute Options: Telecommuting during pandemic until the government adjusts direction. Flexibility post pandemic may be possible.
About the Mission You Will Join:
The Department of State has entrusted VMD to perform internal and external-facing informational websites and web applications activities specifically for the Bureau of Consular Affairs. VMD's mission is to perform migration/decommissioning activities over legacy websites to support the modernization of its website governance, architecture, and design.
VMD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. VMD maintains a drug-free workplace.
- provided by Dice