Products and Technology
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to conne...
Products and Technology
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the Worlds Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortunes 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Posting Statement
Salesforce has an immediate opportunity for an extremely talented software architect who wants to have significant and measurable positive impact for users, the company's bottom line, and the industry. Software Architects are responsible for software architecture of our Cloud SaaS applications as well as important champions of Customer Success. The Architect helps to build the technological vision, drives technology strategy and influences business partners and technology leaders on strategic direction in general. He/she works with engineering leaders and other software architects on the definition and delivery of highly scalable and secure SaaS solutions.
The Architect will lead efforts focused on Payment products for Commerce Cloud. He/she will partner with Product Management and other engineers, initially driving research and protoyping to enable payments in both B2B and B2C Commerce.
This position does not only require excellent technical skills, but outstanding analytical, leadership and influencing skills paired with great business insight. It is a cross-functional leadership role that requires alignment building and communication with all stakeholders.
Click here to learn more about our Ohana Culture!
- Is accountable for defining and driving software architecture and enterprise capabilities (multi-tenant, scalability, fault tolerance, extensibility, maintainability, etc.)
- Designs complex software systems for high-end solutions
- Determines overall architectural principles, frameworks, and standards
- Works in a consultative fashion with other organizations such as security and operations
- Provide leadership to engineers, QE and product partners
- Drives innovation, research, case studies, and prototypes on leading edge technologies and how they can be leveraged
- Oversees software architecture within the scope of assigned systems
- Analyzes and provides feedback on product strategy
Skills and Experience
- Enterprise integration architecture and - patterns
- C#, Java, J2EE, Spring
- Online Payments and Wallets
- RDBMS and NoSQL: SQL Server, Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra
- AWS or other public clouds
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes and/or similar)
- Experience with high-volume SaaS applications that manage data and traffic at massive, IoT Scale
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Agile SDLC
- Capacity planning
- HA/DR system strategies
- REST, MicroServices, Orchestration
- Direct experience with relevant technologies and concepts: micro services, distributed systems, SaaS at scale, private/public cloud, MDA, EIA, etc
- Experience with payment rails and/or financial services (i.e. payment gateways, VISA/MC networks, Paypal, etc.)
- Knowledge of W3C and web payments working group
- Experience with Fraud detection / AI
- Experience with regulated fund flows, MTLs, and E-Money licenses
- Working knowledge of relevant security regulation such as PCI Compliance, PSD2, SCA, etc
- Experience with Instrumentation tools like AppDynamics, Splunk, Statsd & Instrumental
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies like Elastic Search, Kafka, Hbase, Spark, etc
- Experience with Blockchain / Cryptography
- Experience with the Salesforce CRM application and platform
- Working knowledge of relevant privacy regulation such as GDPR, GLBA, etc
- BS in related field and at least 10 years experience in the Information Technology arena, at least 3 years management or leadership experience in this field
- Experience as engineering leader: process, culture
- Practical development and coding experience
- SCRUM Master a plus
- Experience leading small teams a plus
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.