***Please Note: Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required for this role due...
***Please Note: Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required for this role due to the nature of work with our US Federal customers.***
What You'll Do
Join the Webex Voice and Video team to help expand our reach and shape the future of work. Working within the Collaboration Technology Group, you'll be part of a dedicated team that is transforming the connections between people and the information they need to share to better the business. Developer Experience connects those who build and improve collaboration with technology to empower their end users to engage and innovate -- anywhere, on any device. To make it happen, you will:
Who You'll Work With
- Drive the deployment and support for microservices
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, scale/performance and operability in mind
- Ensure that your developers are never doing repetitive tasks, and the infrastructure is kept up to date as the stack evolves.
- Explore possible automation areas to accelerate the work for developers.
- Build and maintain continuous integration and delivery pipelines that can be used to drive quality and consistency throughout the full software lifecycle.
- Use and work on issue tracking tools and knowledge bases like JIRA and Confluence to prioritize the work and report on its progress for maximum openness into the software development lifecycle.
Simply put, you will be the service owner for the Cisco Webex Audio/Video services dedicated to the Federal Customers. The team is highly empowered, open and clear in their communication and support each other in their collective success, etc.Who You Are
5-10 years of experience in SRE or DevOps role
- Engineer at heart, passionate about solving puzzles through coding/scripting and mindful of keeping the customers happy
Cisco Equal Opportunity
- Hands on experience with Python, Ruby, Java, Shell scripting
- Good understanding of various IP over voice/video protocols, in particular SIP, H.323, RTP, BFCP
- Good understanding of IP networking, TCP, UDP, TLS, Certificates, etc
- Advanced level knowledge of Linux, preferably CentOS; shell commands, iptables, networking, performance tuning, etc
- Working knowledge of VMWare, Openstack, AWS (GovCloud)
- Comfortable using tools such as Kibana, Splunk, Jenkins, Circonus, etc
- Good understanding of technologies such as docker, Mesos, kubernetes, etc
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. - provided by Dice