A ServiceNow Developer would assists in the development of Overstock.com's long term vision of the ServiceNow application. They...
A ServiceNow Developer would assists in the development of Overstock.com's long term vision of the ServiceNow application. They will provide strategy and technical insight in designing and supporting ServiceNow while aligning to Service Management best practices. Utilizing cutting edge technology the ServiceNow Developer would build the mobile and desktop application to meet the needs of Overstock.com's internal services. The role will also be responsible for researching, planning, coordinating & implementing application solutions for conceptual design requirements. The responsibilities will vary from ServiceNow strategy to day-to-day support of ServiceNow.
* Configuration/Customization of the ServiceNow system including workflows
* Uses scripting tools and Service Now functionality, create script to automate routine tasks being done in Service Now
* Receives specifications from the TechOps department and delivers a product/release that meets the needs presented. Creates Requirements Definitions, and Technical Specifications Documentation
* Articulates technical concepts using easily understandable language
* Load, manipulate and maintain data between Service-now and other systems
* Researches and Deploys new releases and/or enhancements into the ServiceNow live environment
* Performs System and integration testing with sample/live data with Support Services team
* Works directly with TechOps Management to align ServiceNow with organization strategy
* Maintains and support ServiceNow operational functions
* Monitor health, usage and overall compliance of the application
* Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management.
* Follow legal policies as directed.
* Experience with LDAP/AD, networking and database is desired.
* 2+ years of experience as a System Administrator of a service management application, preferably ServiceNow
* 4-6 years of experience in IT Service Delivery
* Understanding of restful web services
* Knowledge of LDAP/Active Directory, and relevant IT architecture experience
* Previous experience with relational databases such as MS SQL Server a plus
* Previous experience with ServiceNow Orchestration a plus
* Ability to clearly and effectively express ideas and messages via speech or writing.
* Ability to effectively absorb information from various sources, then analyze and examine data in detail, and draw appropriate conclusions.
* Use general office application tools (e.g. Power Point, Excel, Word, and Visio
* Experience as a System Administrator of a service management application, preferably ServiceNow
Bachelor degree in Computer Science is preferred
Who We Are:
Just a few minutes from Salt Lake City and Utah's ski slopes, Overstock is an original resident of "Silicon Slopes", one of the fastest growing technology hubs in the country. We're a passionate group of collaborative problem solvers and creative innovators, working on cutting-edge technology. From building award-winning retail applications (with amazing AR functionality) to creating leading blockchain and machine learning technologies, each of us embodies a unique value and contributes a diverse perspective to the team.
What We Offer:
* 401k (6% match)
* Flexible Schedules
* Onsite Health Clinic
* Tuition Reimbursement, Leadership Development Program, & Mentorship Program
* Onsite Fitness Center with group fitness classes and trainers
* Onsite Cafe with additional Coffee Shop and Juice Bar
* Onsite Greenhouse, providing fresh fruits & vegetables for our cafe
* Overstock Women's Network (OWN)
* And More…
* Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
Back to Overstock Careers