Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Writing Consultant role is a part of the GBS Americas Strategic Sales team. The position works with senior Deal Leaders, Deal Coaches and Pursuit Teams on large ($10M+) strategic opportunities to create the "big idea," win themes and a storyline, as well as to help write and edit complex strategic proposals for a variety of product and service lines across industries. This role develops communication strategies, key messages and executive summaries, so that client deliverables for written proposals and orals presentations are read and heard as one story, one voice and "One IBM." The Writer must be able to craft content for messaging across many mediums (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Infographics, Adobe software products, video, and microsites).
The Senior Writer must be a seasoned storyteller with the ability to write engaging, compelling content that resonates with target audiences, and to lead the creation of client-centric, strategic messages within the development of client deliverables. This position serves as the overall communications adviser and master editor and must have exceptional research, grammar, editing, and proofreading skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Self-confidence in working with Executives and teams
* Outstanding communications, both written and oral
* Strong collaboration skills
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
* Can work professionally and calmly under pressure against tight client deadlines
* Highly Proficient in MS Word and PowerPoint, MAC OS, and Adobe Acrobat
* Plus: InDesign
* Proactive champion and advocate of our value-added offerings
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Degree or Foundational Field of Study: Journalism, English or Communication discipline
* Further Education: Marketing, Information Technology or Business