At Ripple we are transforming the world of finance with an innovative blockchain solution that increases access to financial services to peo...
At Ripple we are transforming the world of finance with an innovative blockchain solution that increases access to financial services to people around the world. We're looking for a designer who has a strong brand-focus and interactive portfolio with a critical eye for detail. As the Senior Experience Designer, you'll be collaborating with cross-functional teams and support project leads to craft brand, strategic, interactive and event experiences from concept to completion.
This role requires the candidate to be available from 9am - 5pm PST Monday through Friday. Beginning in September, the designers in the San Francisco area are expected to work in-person Tuesday-Thursday in the SF office. This contract position is for a 5 month duration.
What You'll Do
What We're Looking For
- Support design initiatives from end-to-end working closely with design leads, project managers
- Collaborate with partners to ensure that the best designed experience is delivered within time constraints
- Communicate challenges, obstacles, etc. in a timely manner
- Actively contribute to the documentation of the Brand Design System guidelines
- Support and inform team on best practices
- Act as a consultant for different departments to empower best design practices that facilitate effective decision making.
- Participate in frequent reviews and critique with designers, leadership and other stakeholders
Who We Are
- 5+ years of experience of brand, visual, and web design experience-ideally at a tech-forward, product-driven company
- A strong portfolio featuring examples of your branding and interactive work, details of your design process, with a high attention to detail
- A passion for the web as a storytelling medium, demonstrable through a portfolio of design systems, engaging microsites, Figma libraries, WebGL experiments, CSS art, or similar
- Ability to work within a design system
- Ability to break down complex problems into solutions that balance simplicity, power, and flexibility.
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to execute on detailed aspects of visual design such as icon design and illustration, or has proven ability directing visual designers toward solutions that balance form and function.
- Values the importance of over-communication, especially when collaborating with remote coworkers located in different time zones across the globe.
- Excited by the chance to shape the design culture at a growing company and to inspire people with your unique perspective and experience.
- A plus, but not required: motion design, Cinema 4D, HTML/CSS/JS
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We're committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.