Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Cloud and Cognitive Design team is seeking a seeking innovative and enthusiastic software engineering and design professionals to join our team building the next generation multi-cloud marketplace platform. If you love working with cutting edge technologies, dynamic and high performing teams, then this is the right next step in advancing your career. You will be challenged to design and develop cloud applications and services leveraging a wide variety of open source, machine learning, and commercial technologies aimed at dramatically expanding the reach of the IBM Cloud to millions of enterprise developers. Our focus on delivering performance and predictability for our customers' most demanding workloads at global scale, and with leadership, efficiency, resiliency, and security as the cornerstone of our development model, will result in maintaining IBM's leadership position for years to come.
We've structured our teams to have one Design Team Lead responsible for a strategic part of our user experience, working with an integrated squad of designers, product managers, and developers. You might expect your overall breakdown of the role to look something like this:
* 40% Project Strategy & Coordination
* 30% Design (Product, Storytelling, & Presentations)
* 20% Mentoring & Critique
* 10% Project Management
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Portfolio and work samples including user-centered design skills, visualizations of complex experiences such as flows, scenarios, personas, etc. (any fidelity), sketches to mid-fidelity interactions (show your process) and clickable prototypes (any fidelity)
* 6 years of experience solving complex user problems and in working in a broad portfolio of related products and/or constitute a complex solution
* Bachelor's Degree in a Design focus or Computer Science or Human Computer Interaction
* Mastery of design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite
* Successful track record leading interdisciplinary teams informed by stakeholder and user inputs
* Demonstration of committed and respectful collaboration between members of cross-functional teams
* Demonstration of delivering exceptional user-centered outcomes to market
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* 10 years of experience in Design
* Technical background