Introduction Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM, our design philosophy is to help guide people so they can do their best work. Because of designers at IBM, planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye, and the world remains safe. The team you'll be helping to lead is part of the worldwide design organization for AI Applications. AI Applications is an organization in IBM that is responsible for AI-enabled solutions that assist our customers in making more informed and data-driven decisions about how to manage their business. You will be the Senior Mobile Designer on IBM Maximo, a market leading suite of applications that are used for the maintenance and operations of large physical assets such as bridges, solar plants, and roller coasters. We are looking for an experienced mobile designer to help mentor and enable a cross-disciplinary team to deliver great end-to-end customer experiences.
This position is hybrid (part time remote/part time on site). Locations include Lowell, MA, Research Triangle Park, NC or Austin, TX.
* Lead mobile design deliveries, including managing design tasks and deliverables using agile methodologies.
* Set high-level design goals to ensure a consistent and engaging user experiences.
* Collaborate with designers, developers, marketers and product managers to drive a shared understanding of user's needs and behaviors.
* Translate research into outstanding user experiences.
* Steward design from concept to final code using key UX artifacts such as concept maps, storyboards, taxonomies, prototypes, patterns, information architecture, workflows and design specifications.
* Playback interaction concepts to the larger team and be able to clearly explain design choices.
* Identify new components, patterns, and templates to be incorporated into the design standards while working with other designers across the organization to ensure consistency.
* Provide mentorship and guidance to junior members of the design team, improving the work while growing the designers.
* Advocate for and facilitate human centered design in everyday work and client meetings.
* Embody a flexible, creative, and growth mindset.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Portfolio of previous work must be presented demonstrating mobile designs.
* Experience in mobile design delivery in an enterprise software development environment.
* At least 5+ years of experience in solving complex user problems through user interface design, creating mock-ups and prototypes (low- and high- fidelity), as well as documenting interaction patterns for product UI.
* Experience creating user scenarios for usability testing, task analysis, workflow design, layout & composition and reporting conclusions in well-developed documents.
* Experience with design tools (Sketch, InVision, or Adobe Creative Cloud).
* Strong communication, storytelling, and documentation skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Experience designing for desktop and tablet form factors.